Ticket Spot Checks

Day

Important information for supporters heading to Pride Park Stadium.

Derby County are to undertake a number of ‘spot checks’ with regards to supporters gaining access to Pride Park Stadium on matchdays.

The Rams have discovered that a number of adults are gaining entry into Pride Park Stadium on matchdays by using junior or senior season/match tickets.

As a result, notices will be placed around Pride Park Stadium this week and Club Stewards will also regularly check season cards and match tickets.

Any supporters found attempting to gain entry using a ticket category which is not for the correct individual will have their match ticket or season card confiscated, and they also run the risk of being prevented from obtaining entry to the stadium at future games.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/spot-checks-on-ticket-categories-601601.aspx

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are probably a few do it - I would guess most are just using a young adult or seniors ticket for the day rather than season long fraud. Its a consequence of unmanned turnstiles - the cost of paying operators must be worth the risk.

Hope the club doesn't go over the top if they catch someone, make them pay the difference and warn them would be enough imo.

People will always take a chance when they see an opening. Obviously that doesn't apply to GSE or any of their investors. I'm sure no one connected to them would ever use a tax avoidance/evasion scheme for example.

To be honest I've done this a couple of times this season. My brother usually goes but some night games, weather etc stops him. Seeing as though Saturday looks like it will be played in a blizzard and minus 5 temp I was going instead of him.

Should I contact the club?

Do you have to prove you qualify to get on of these?

I have a "spare" ticket, that has just been put under my name that hasn't been used for months, I already have one, and was going to leave it by the bar for people to use, but its a senior ticket, will they get collared?

An option to upgrade when desired would surely be the easiest compromise? Happily pay the difference, currently there is no option of this so seems best to chance it?

Oh you can upgrade. It cost me £30 to upgrade a ST for an U21 (or whatever it was for my missus) to a full adult.

I did it on matchday v Forest.

I'll never do it again. Robbing cnuts

I've never done this for home games, season ticket holder and all that but I think I've paid adult prices twice this season out of about 11 away games. Stuff 'um. Especially Burnley, the robbing ********. Until they clamp down on it away from home I'll carry on doing it.

Try and rip us fans off and I'll do the same back.

I might sound a bit of a grump but I for one am very glad they are doing this.

Why should I pay full price and others not?

Surely we all want what is best for The Rams and people frauding the club out of money that it deparately requires.

Note that is states season/match tickets, so in some cases we are referring to people who have decided that they are going to try and rip the club off for the whole season and the amounts involved could be hundreds of pounds.

Others could argue, that the ticket was paid for, and if that person can't make it, what should it matter if the bum on the seat is older or younger? Not a regular thing, obviously.

If you follow that to its logical conclusion, there should be no discounts for kids or oldies - a bum on a seat should pay the same however old it is....while they allow discounts, people shouldn't abuse them....

There's no discount to put your bum on an airline seat is there?

which is why I added 'while they allow discounts" - the club has a policy to encourage young supporters and to help out the older folk by allowing discounts - which most people seem to think is a good thing.....if a seat is purchased by taking advantage of one of these discounts, it can't be considered 'right' that someone who should be paying the full amount can then abuse the discount by sitting there without paying extra. Remove the discounts and you stop a lot of the older folk from watching and kill off the next generation of supporters (before they've had the chance to suffer like the rest of us....).

There seems to be a 'modern' attitude that says 'if I can get away with it, I will' - normally the same group of people who are morally outraged by MPs fiddling expenses or large corporations avoiding paying their taxes - just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.....

Others could argue, that the ticket was paid for, and if that person can't make it, what should it matter if the bum on the seat is older or younger? Not a regular thing, obviously.

If the other person can't make it then why not go to the ticket office and upgrade the ticket?

It will still be cheaper than paying full price.

Archived