Would you want Rangers in England?

Day

Yeah, scouters, manc's, toons. I remember Sheff united smashing up London Road only about 7 years ago, and they weren't even playing Derby!

And the sectarian hatred?

Wading knee deep in Fenian blood?

You don't get that with Sheffield Wednesday.

It's not 'banter', it's not football. It's visceral. It's hate.

They are revolting.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No to Rangers - based on their odious chief executive & the track record of their fans (took 250,000 fans to Manchester for UEFA Cup Final & ransacked the place - imagine what they would do to a small city like Derby)

An even bigger no to Celtic - a club whose fanbase professes to hate England with a significant minority singing pro-IRA songs & then turn round pleading to join English football in search of a few quid. Absolute joke & a bunch of hypocrites.

That said, I'm surprised both haven't started "satellite clubs" in the lower English non-leagues - maybe based in London where both would get decent crowds

And the sectarian hatred?

Wading knee deep in Fenian blood?

You don't get that with Sheffield Wednesday.

It's not 'banter', it's not football. It's visceral. It's hate.

They are revolting.

Any more revolting than Derby fans singing ill-judged songs about Nigel Doughty?

Or Liverpool singing about Munich, Mancs singing about Hillsborough?

Any more revolting than Derby fans singing ill-judged songs about Nigel Doughty?

Or Liverpool singing about Munich, Mancs singing about Hillsborough?

Yes

Sick songs intended to offend versus visceral hatred because of someone's religion. It's not even close.

Would I take my Irish wife to Liverpool v ManUtd? Any day.

Would I take her to any Rangers game? Never in a million years.

Yes

Sick songs intended to offend versus visceral hatred because of someone's religion. It's not even close.

Would I take my Irish wife to Liverpool v ManUtd? Any day.

Would I take her to any Rangers game? Never in a million years.

is she not a Derby fan then?

No. They profess to be english yet are happy to ply their trade in scotland. Never liked Berwick personally.

It'd be as bad as having a glasgow club down here.

But they did have the last Christmas Day League fixture played in England (1965) Waited a whole fortnight for that one. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Long way off from happening, but I'd welcome any team into the same league as Derby, if it was going to improve the atmosphere. I'm not bothered about going into the Prem. Being in a league that you know you can't win before a ball is kicked is tedious. I'd prefer to stay in the Championship and have as many teams as possible that will bring a large following and create a good atmosphere. Derby fans aren't loud or passionate when there's 200 visiting from Barnsley. But the atmos would be great against Celtic and Rangers. I really hope Villa, S'land and Newcastle come down soon because it they'd also bring large followings and improve the atmos.

I actually quite like Rangers. Let them in.

Celtic can **** right off. Absolutely disgusting club with a even worse fan base.

IRA songs? They can go out of existence for all I care, terrorist supporting *******

And every Forest fan throws coins, shags his sisters, has webbed toes, 16 fingers and claims benefits

Archived