Man City return almost a THIRD of 3,000 tickets for Arsenal match after fans are asked to pay £62

Day

Manchester City supporters have hit out at Arsenal's 'ridiculous' ticket prices after returning almost a third of their allocation for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash at the Emirates Stadium.

Roberto Mancini's champions face a huge game in north London as they try to claw back ground on leaders Manchester United, currently seven points clear at the top of the league.

But it has emerged that 900 of the 3,000 away seats will be empty after City fans showed their disgust at being charged £62 for a ticket.

Kevin Parker of the City Supporters' Group said: 'In 2009 a ticket to Arsenal was £32.50, so in under four years they have gone up by almost £30 and now they're the most expensive in English football. It seems a ridiculous amount of money.

'Some fans are saying, "I'm not paying £62 whether I can afford it or not because I've got to draw a line somewhere", while others can't afford to pay £62. We play Southampton on February 9 and they are charging £38 a ticket. 'But we go to QPR on January 29 and they are charging £55 a ticket. I think some clubs are losing touch with the ordinary man.'

Arsenal are not the only club to have been criticised for expensive tickets but they were revealed to be the hosts of English football's most expensive day out by a BBC survey in October.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2259053/Manchester-City-return-900-tickets-Arsenal.html#ixzz2HUy5FK3n

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way that anything will change is if people do what the Citeh fans have done. Boycott the pathetically overpriced games. Fair play to them.

Why don't Man United fans do the same? I know they don't have to travel to get there but they could still complain about the ticket prices at Arsenal 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

And we want premiership football because??

Football fans do not have to £60 odd quid for a ticket. One of the reasons SKY pay so much for the Premier League rights is because of the gladiatorial nature of (mostly) full stadiums with away fans adding to the atmosphere. Without that, it wouldn't be as big a draw for them.

It would be relatively easy to organise an away boycott in protest at these prices and could well have a chance of forcing the prices down slightly.

I suppose Arsenal could sell the away end to home fans but I reckon if ALL the Citeh fans had boycotted there'd be a bit of a panic among the top brass. It just wouldn't be the same - look how the cameras focus on the away fans when a goal is scored - imagine complete silence -.in my opinion, this is one battle ordinary fans could win fairly quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21006202

top bloke - at least linesmen have souls, even if some refs don't!

Football fans do not have to £60 odd quid for a ticket. One of the reasons SKY pay so much for the Premier League rights is because of the gladiatorial nature of (mostly) full stadiums with away fans adding to the atmosphere. Without that, it wouldn't be as big a draw for them.

It would be relatively easy to organise an away boycott in protest at these prices and could well have a chance of forcing the prices down slightly.

I suppose Arsenal could sell the away end to home fans but I reckon if ALL the Citeh fans had boycotted there'd be a bit of a panic among the top brass. It just wouldn't be the same - look how the cameras focus on the away fans when a goal is scored - imagine complete silence -.in my opinion, this is one battle ordinary fans could win fairly quickly.

Completely agree - but it wouldn't work anywhere else, to anywhere near the same effect at least, as in the Prem.

Archived