Savage at full time

David

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What strikes me is that the guy genuily seems happy to be playing again and wanting to do well for the club, with a boyant Savage in the dressing room must be a great asset to have despite his high wages. How many more years left he has in him is a thought and must be on Cloughies mind, need to find a similar replacement ready to take over.

To be fair, I've always thought that Robbie had it in him to perform on a regular basis.

I've been really impressed with him since Nigel's appointment and it's really shown how poor Jewell was in terms of getting the best out of the players at his disposal, given Teale and Savage's form since Clough has come in.

I thought we should have kept him because he WAS a very inconsistent but able performer.

I thought he was gone though when Clough mentioned getting rid of players. Nigel bravely gave them another look in training.

I might be speaking too soon but he might be able to make Clod the next Rio, Smears the next Ramos and Jay the next Evra.

This guy is quickly becoming a DCFC cult hero. Loved his interview after the game and his flag antics.

Also loving Gary Teale nowadays.

I have to admit I never thought those two could have one decent performance between them, now Savage is playing like he is 20 and Teale is beating his man and setting sevearl goals in the last 2 games.

Clough is installing confidence into these players who were broken under Jewell.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;1292

I thought we should have kept him because he WAS a very inconsistent but able performer.

I thought he was gone though when Clough mentioned getting rid of players. Nigel bravely gave them another look in training.

I might be speaking too soon but he might be able to make Clod the next Rio, Smears the next Ramos and Jay the next Evra.

Not sure if Claude wants to come back from what he's been saying since his move. If he does come back, Clough may be able to wave his magic wand over his performances but can he do anything him being prone to injury?

If Palace want him, get rid and replace him in the summer. When Leacock is back is there a place for him anyway?

Can you imagine if Savage had done that if he played for forest and they won at our place?

Supreme wind up merchant, he's my hero!

Talking about wind ups.

Did Commons run along the front of the Derby fans "high 5'ing" the fans on the final whistle?

Archived