Leon Osman England Call Up

Day

Pleased for him, probably too late now in his career but it will be nice to see him get a England cap

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham).

Midfielders: Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Leon Osman (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Walcott as more of a forward. Hopefully he'll be given his chance playing just in front of Rooney.

I'd go with the following team:

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Lennon Wilshere Gerrard Young

Rooney Walcott

Probably the best that we have got.

I would say only 1 or 2 of them players are playing well at club level at the moment.

Good to see so many youngsters coming through, they may not look great on paper but the golden generation never lived up to its billing.

Two years till next tournament, we just need someone to step up and be world class during that period, u never know :-)

Hart, Baines, Jagielka.

I was think Baines and Jagielka.

Hart has done well in European games but don't think he has been as good in Premiership as he was last season.

We could have bought Osman for £500,000 but the three amigos wouldn't cough up any cash. Mmm when it comes to those 3, £500,000 rings a bell.

Where do you get that from?

I seem to remember moyes was pretty adamant that osman was not for sale.

In the end we got idiakez instead and he did well.

Nice to see osman get his cap.

It would be good if he came back here one day.

Archived