Chelsea Manager John Terry to Valencia?

Day

Valencia sources have told Sky Sports they have been offered Chelsea captain John Terry by an agent.

However, the Spanish side insist they have not made any decisions on their future transfers at this stage.

A Spanish intermediary has claimed that he is in talks with Valencia over a possible move for Terry.

Club sources told Sky Sports: "We are working the market and we have received many names, Terry is on the list we have received via an agent, but nothing is decided."

Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez would not talk about specific names, but insisted any signing would have to be approved by coach Mauricio Pellegrino.

"The opinion of the coach is key for any reinforcements," he said.

Reports claim that Terry could be heading to La Mestalla as early as January.

FIFA agent Francois Gallardo claims he is helping with the deal and told Radio Intereconomia: "Valencia are negotiating, and I am involved in person, with the signing in the winter transfer market.

"The offer is on his table. The player is out of contract in June and will not renew there for several reasons at Chelsea and he wants to come to Spain.

"Terry has problems. They are insulting him and he is not taking it any more. He asked to leave, not us.

"It's real. This has been going on for 15 days and two meetings have already took place. The deal is already on his table - a year and a half plus one.

"I think he will accept."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8193549/La-Liga-outfit-Valencia-say-an-agent-has-offered-them-the-services-of-Chelsea-skipper-John-Terry

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Together they form the 'Chelsea Clique'.

Forget AVB going a full season with Porto unbeaten. He never had a clue how to do the job at Chelsea. The job he was asked to do, the criticised for doing , then mocked for not knowing what his job is afterall and then sacked for not doing the job he was asked to do and mocked for trying to do it.

Simple really.

Out with the old. In with the new.

And old.

Not easy to just 'get rid' - he's a legend in Chelsea fans eyes, irrespective of what he's done and there'd be uproar if they sold him.

If I were Roman I'd offer him money to leave (or pay x amount of his contract value) and get their story straight that he was leaving for family reasons, whatever.

legend....my goodness that word is over used these days..

To be fair he has captained them throughout the greatest period, I can understand why he would be a legend in Chelsea fans eyes.

legend....my goodness that word is over used these days..

He probably is to Chelsea though mate.

Like King Sir Lord Daglish is a legend to Liverpool. but a miserable rude tosser that played for Liverpool and Scotland to mostly the rest of us. Even if he is forced onto us as 'King Kenny'

He probably is to Chelsea though mate.

Like King Sir Lord Daglish is a legend to Liverpool. but a miserable rude tosser that played for Liverpool and Scotland to mostly the rest of us. Even if he is forced onto us as 'King Kenny'

it really is bleak when tosspots like that are called legends......the pair of them should be remebered as somethign completely different......racists.

Not in Roobie Savage's case tho, what a Derby legend he was...

Made me sick people calling him a legend for waving a scarf once

Especially when he did it to be remembered and not like Tyson who actually was caught in the moment and wanted to give us some back. Savage just wanted us to crawl up his arse

John Terry probably one of the most under-rated players of the past 10+ years! The amount of ill informed people that actually believe he isn't a good defender is staggering, a top, top defender and on the pitch the kind of person you'd give your left knacker to be leading you out... Off the pitch, another story!

Turned into one of my favourite players through constantly having people tell me he is **** - an incredible defender, full blooded, heart on his sleeve first to everything kind of player, back pocketed the worlds best over the years!

I don't think anyone can doubt his defensive ability but there has always been doubts over his speed.

If my company said to me "We will give you a contract that garantees you will be the higest paid employeee" then I would stay there as long as I could.

That is the contract that Terry signed and following some absolutely massive signings, I'd dare to say his salary has had a few hikes over the ten years he has been at Chelsea.

Archived