Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sammon was much better today, but wasn't left to take on the whole back four on his own. He looks a much better player when he's facing the goal than with his back to it. Probably never going to be a prolific goal scorer though, judging by some of his finishing. However, he made a huge contribution to the win today.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammon was massive today.

massively overrated by people who clearly don't know much about football?

'Oh he scored and we won 4-1 so he must have had a good game today'

He was poor, constantly took the wrong option, constantly gave the ball away and was entirely at fault for the breakaway that led to Blackpools penalty

His overall play is nowhere near good enough for a top side at this level let alone the PL..

However, he is an improvement on the idle strikers we've had recently.. He put the defence under pressure today, that was his only positive..

He was poor, constantly took the wrong option, constantly gave the ball away and was entirely at fault for the breakaway that led to Blackpools penalty

His overall play is nowhere near good enough for a top side at this level let alone the PL..

However, he is an improvement on the idle strikers we've had recently.. He put the defence under pressure today, that was his only positive..

By this I suppose you mean Clough doesn't know much about football, and Roberto Martinez who bought him at Wigan?

Sammon can sometimes look un-natural on the ball similar to Theo when he first signed but this doesn't make him a bad player. He's very good off the ball and I'm pretty sure any defender in the championship would not look forward to facing him for 90 mins.

I can't think why many people find you arrogant?

By this I suppose you mean Clough doesn't know much about football, and Roberto Martinez who bought him at Wigan?

Sammon can sometimes look un-natural on the ball similar to Theo when he first signed but this doesn't make him a bad player. He's very good off the ball and I'm pretty sure any defender in the championship would not look forward to facing him for 90 mins.

I didn't remark about how good he was off the ball? I didn't particularly see him make any movement of note to think he'd be useful at a top NPC club.. On the ball though he was poor.. How anyone can say he was good or even better on the ball today is having a laugh..

And Sammon was better than Messi today.. OK sure pal.

I'm not arrogant.. I'm just 100% right on thos occasion. There is no debate to be had, Sammon was poor today

You clearly dont know what your talking about. You say that people who don't know football rate him highly? Well people who blatantly do know football rate him highly too.

I imagine your one of the numpties who handed in their season ticket when Shackell was sold (who is now part of the worst defence in the league)

Its not all about goals and ball control

Because it is a fact..

Tell me a few things he did that was good today and I can garauntee I can give you a list twice the size or more of things he was poor at today..

Go on..

I think he did alright, not a brilliant day for him and in comparison with a few players he wasn't quite 'on it', but he was alright. 6/6.5 out of ten. He did release the ball late a few times but atleast he saw the run and tried to make the pass each time.

Hopefully he manages to get a bit quicker with that over the next few weeks and we'll be well away (or atleast Theo and Tyson will anyway!).

Go on Sage.. Make a list of the things he did well just like I asked Franco to..

I never said he was a poor player, just that he was poor today..

'

'I'm not arrogant.. I'm just 100% right on this occasion. There is no debate to be had'

Because it is a fact..

Tell me a few things he did that was good today and I can garauntee I can give you a list twice the size or more of things he was poor at today..

Go on..

Held the ball up well. Passed the ball well created space for players around him and as brayford said his run allowed him to score. He scored as well he also made some good runs.

Clearly what you put is an opinion otherwise people wouldn't be disputing it.

He made one large error which lead to their pen. Dawdled on another pass and gave the ball away, but he's not tje only one to give the ball away. He dawdled on one shot but the ball to him by Jacobs/Tyson wasnt the greatest.

Archived