Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's impossible to judge whether he's been a success or failure when he's only been at the club for a short period of time. I'm unsure why Clough has put so much faith in him being a goalscorer but I don't believe he is. He does have attributes that bring something to the team though.

Sammon has done some decent stuff for us, he plays some nice balls in for Theo. If Theo wasn't so erratic he'd have more assists to his name. Clough has said they're not expecting him to score a bagful of goals so we shouldn't be expecting that from him either.

Assists though, or an integral part of the build up to chances for goals certainly. Would help him if the midfield or Robinson got closer to him when he's chesting it down or nodding it on. Like I said earlier in the thread, he won almost every long ball towards him against Brighton it was just that nobody was near him when he did. Poor with it at his feet though, guy needs a break.

4 points behind us though.

But if you can conclude things from one game, then I pity you.

Judge players from consistency every week. Forest have that, you don't.

Being a Derby fan must be depressing.

4 points being the difference between relegation and promotion this year then? It's going to be a tight one.

Why let Steve Davies go and bring in this lump?

He was one of your few good players?

Sammon is a much better all round player, Savies was just clinical.

Could of done with putting them both together, anyone who can actually argue against Sammon being a very good player at this level is obviously watching or has different concepts of the game to me.

I guess for some people it's enough to look in the papers and see if he has scored or not for a judgement but from what I've seen he makes a lot of trouble for the opposition defence, created a lot of chances and that is his game - a creative striker, could do with a Savies next to him but overall, much better for him in the team.

4 points behind us though.

But if you can conclude things from one game, then I pity you.

Judge players from consistency every week. Forest have that, you don't.

Being a Derby fan must be depressing.

I think you need abit of the old woosaa me duck. Too tender for a forum like this with replies like that.

As for the post itself, Forest have cock all at the moment bar a 4 point lead over us, despite the iconic manager at the helm and the players brought in being deemed superstars. Work in progress is what I'll call you. Same as us, just more ££££££££££££££££££££.

Despite us all being depressed you lot all seem to flock here. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> How bad must it be to be a Forest fan if you're trolling Derby County forums!

Bar Jamie, I don't think anyone can run through players get one on one and slot it past the goalie. Until we get a real striker I see most if not all of our goals coming from Sammon providing for Ward.

Eventually I think that's what he'll become, an assister in a partnership with a January striker.

I hope.

Why let Steve Davies go and bring in this lump?

He was one of your few good players?

Steve Davies injured again and unable to play today. Possibly, one of the reasons he was replaced.....by someone who scored today 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Perhaps your team could do with him?

I thought he was good. Gave the ball away in the build up to their pen. But he played well. He seems to be slated for what he does wrong but doesn't get much praise when he does something right.

Probably because no one ever notices the runs made to create space for others because it is done off the ball

Brayford put it perfectly in his post match interview - "he does a lit if work off the ball that no one mentions. I wouldn't have for my goal without him making a rub across the near post. He was running channels making it a hard game for their centre Halfs"

I rate the opinion of a current Established Chanpionship Player

Archived