Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quick no bake lemon cheescake, simply divine with easy measurements.

Recipe posted by 'H'

397g tin of sweetened condensed milk

300g soft cream cheese

285ml double cream

4 large unwaxed lemons

12 digestive biscuits, crushed

80g or one third of block of butter

Method

take 7inch loose bottomed cake tin, melt butter slowly on stove and add the crush digestive biscuits

once the butter has been absorbed then turn into loose bottomed tin and pat down gently, refrigerate

for the cheesecake mixture, place the soft cheese into a mixing bowl and start to soften with an electric mixer

add the sweetened condensed milk slowly, this will ensure no lumps from the cheese remain

then add the double cream

roll the lemons on the work surface, don't know why but they give up more juice & then squeeze them * note husband's are particularly adept at this part if you have one handy!

add the lemon juice to the bowl a bit at a time & you'll find the beautifully creamy mixture starts to thicken

once all of the lemon juice has been added then transfer this to the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour. Enjoy!

TIP: If you like some texture and extra lemony tang then add some grated lemon rind

Please Note:

While all of Nigella's recipes are of course tested extensively, nigella.com do not test any of the community recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand why people critisise him, he is a very similar player to Kuqi as he holds the ball up and puts in alot of effort but isnt prolific, yet everyone loved Kuqi.

Cause we had players going beyond Kuqi - no-one does for Sammon. Therefor, it appears Sammon is not as effective, however, the reality is it is our midfield that is not as effective getting forward (in my humble opinion).

Cause we had players going beyond Kuqi - no-one does for Sammon. Therefor, it appears Sammon is not as effective, however, the reality is it is our midfield that is not as effective getting forward (in my humble opinion).

Yeah i agree, only time he really got support from ward today it resulted in a goal!!

Not sure if this has been done before, but I just wanted to do a straw poll on whether people rate Sammon or not? He seems to get a lot of stick, and unfairly for me. I think the reason he is not appreciated is because he is not lethal, doesn't beat his man, and isn't creating too much. I think this is because we are not using him correctly - when he has a strike partner next to him, or midfielders running beyond him, he will be a real rock of our side.

Personally, I think he brings so much to the team, hassling and harrying the opposition defence, making himself available, I DO think he has a good touch and protects the ball well - and I dont think we have another striker like him.

He' definitely a hit for me.

So, "for" or "against", and why please.

How can you think he has a good touch? Based on what?

Do people actually watch the game? There was at least 10 examples today where he miscontrolled the football which meant we lost possession. This isnt me being harsh, this is a fact, watch the game again if you dont believe me, there's no excuse for it, plain and simply he's just got poor technical ability. For every time he controls it and pops it off, he miscontrols it and gives it away. Me and my dad were laughing watching him running around like a headless chicken with the ball bouncing off him, he's a joke.

Everyone loves a trier, and cos he works hard people are prepared to look past his major flaws that badly hold back the team. It was similar with Tito, he tried hard but offered little else and a lot of people loved him.

Him and Theo being our main strikers is one massive reason why we wont progress past mid table Championship football

How can you think he has a good touch? Based on what?

Do people actually watch the game? There was at least 10 examples today where he miscontrolled the football which meant we lost possession. This isnt me being harsh, this is a fact, watch the game again if you dont believe me, there's no excuse for it, plain and simply he's just got poor technical ability. For every time he controls it and pops it off, he miscontrols it and gives it away. Me and my dad were laughing watching him running around like a headless chicken with the ball bouncing off him, he's a joke.

Everyone loves a trier, and cos he works hard people are prepared to look past his major flaws that badly hold back the team. It was similar with Tito, he tried hard but offered little else and a lot of people loved him.

Him and Theo being our main strikers is one massive reason why we wont progress past mid table Championship football

I agree with the comments that we didn't spend £1.2m on him. It makes no sense. A player doesn't double in value through not starting matches. How many mins did he play in the PL whilst with Wigan? I can't see given the circumstances why Derby would pay more than £750,000. Clough wouldn't spend £1,2m on a striker of his type when for £300,000 - £ 500,000 more he could get a proven goal scoring talent.

As a player, as a signing, success - he has improved on what we had already.

However, as people have pointed out, he maybe isn't used to his best - little support in midfield from what little of the Rams I've seen this season. Hopefully with Ward looking like he's -touch wood- put his injury demons behind him (for now at least), maybe we will see a return to 4-4-2?

Legz

Brayf/Keogh/O'C/Roberts

Coutts/Hendrick/Hughes/Jacobs

Sammon/Ward.

We paid between £600k-£1.2m. Nobody on here knows how much it is, so lets just judge him by performance, not a price tag that had nothing to do with him.

Couldn't agree more.Very soon (courtesy of PBSE) we'll find the total sum of summer signings,including agents' fees and League levy.In a year we'll get the breakdown between fees and extras,again in total.It won't prove anything in relation to Sammon,but it might verify (or otherwise) the total DET reported fees.

I'd love to see the differences people think you should see between a £600k striker,a £750k one,a £1.2m one,a £1.5m one and a £2m one.

I agree with the comments that we didn't spend £1.2m on him. It makes no sense. A player doesn't double in value through not starting matches. How many mins did he play in the PL whilst with Wigan? I can't see given the circumstances why Derby would pay more than £750,000. Clough wouldn't spend £1,2m on a striker of his type when for £300,000 - £ 500,000 more he could get a proven goal scoring talent.

Please tell me what "proven goalscoring talent" we could have gotten for £300-500k?

assuming ward did have this "license to roam" , it did at least pay off for the goal.... he was getting nothing off their RB and looked like he was concentrating on pinning him back. forest are scared of ward. but as soon as he did go central... he was unmarked and found enough space for the goal. so in some ways it worked.or one way. i'd have prefered someone uptop with sammon all game. but it was always going to be scrappy... and we didnt lose. even though i think they look alot stronger on paper.

I think he is a success, but unfortunately Cloughie still persists with this 4 5 1 sh*te! He plays far better with someone else upfront. He does give the ball away quite abit but when we do play 4 4 2, he's a pain to play against.

Archived