Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 million for Wood. And Sammon only cost undisclosed, which I think is a bargain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20844911

£1 million for wood. I wouldn't argue an unproven Premeir league striker for a lower table premier league club who got like 1 goal and only played a few league games is a bargain. Plus he chose Wigan over Derby the previous January.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20844911]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20844911

£1 million for wood. I wouldn't argue an unproven Premeir league striker for a lower table premier league club who got like 1 goal and only played a few league games is a bargain. Plus he chose Wigan over Derby the previous January.

That was on 1 January, it later appeared to be 2 million.

Check out my username, I know this ****. Its shouted in my ears every ******* day.

He cost £1 million, the same that Chris Wood cost for Leicester, although I'd prefer Wood, I think we were linked with him once actually.

You're right though, Sammon is just the best out of an average bunch. Though he's not fishy,

We were linked with wood a few seasons ago but im surprised he is doing so well as he had many unsuccessful loan spells. Leicester paid £1.5 mill as well. You could also relate Sammon to the likes of Siguroarsor who wolves signed for £2.5 mill at the start of the season and he has scored 3 times in 19 games whereas Sammon has scored 7 times in 27 and does alot for the team.

You say a better forward would be the difference between losing and winning. Do you mean drawing and winning? What else is out there. We have a naff all budget. Can't pay top wages. With these limits would you get a better player?

I didn't say we should get a better striker for 1 million undisclosed, I think he's about the best we'll get for our price range and wage limit, but a better striker would have been the difference.

I went to the Olympic qualifiying round for the football in Coventry when it was New Zealand v Belarus back in July and there were scouts there from Moor Farm looking at wood. It's a shame Nigel didn't sign him then, what's Nigel Clough drinking? Lacquer thinner?

He cost £1 million, the same that Chris Wood cost for Leicester, although I'd prefer Wood, I think we were linked with him once actually.

You're right though, Sammon is just the best out of an average bunch. Though he's not fishy,

Who's fault is that? Sammon's performance's at Killy didn't even warrant a 1 Million price tag, nevermind 32 games and 1 goal later from Wigan. If he'd of cost 500k there wouldn't be half as much moaning, like Theo, as that's what you'll get for your money.

It's down to "good business" in the end, Leicester got a coup with Wood.

Who's fault is that? Sammon's performance's at Killy didn't even warrant a 1 Million price tag, nevermind 32 games and 1 goal later from Wigan. If he'd of cost 500k there wouldn't be half as much moaning, like Theo, as that's what you'll get for your money.

It's down to "good business" in the end, Leicester got a coup with Wood.

I dont think it was £1.2 mill we paid personally, why would we refuse to pay £600,000 when he is knocking them in at killy and then a year and half later, with one more goal to his tally pay double that figure, doesnt add up.

I dont think it was £1.2 mill we paid personally, why would we refuse to pay £600,000 when he is knocking them in at killy and then a year and half later, with one more goal to his tally pay double that figure, doesnt add up.

Exactly, that's like paying £3 million for Claude Davis. Oh wait we did....

If he had been signed he may not have been a success at derby. It really gets to me how easy it is to sit typing **** about who should have been signed instead of the current players. Its all ifs and buts. I blame tv. If something decent was on no one would be talking about this ****

Quick no bake lemon cheescake, simply divine with easy measurements.

Recipe posted by 'H'

397g tin of sweetened condensed milk

300g soft cream cheese

285ml double cream

4 large unwaxed lemons

12 digestive biscuits, crushed

80g or one third of block of butter

Method

take 7inch loose bottomed cake tin, melt butter slowly on stove and add the crush digestive biscuits

once the butter has been absorbed then turn into loose bottomed tin and pat down gently, refrigerate

for the cheesecake mixture, place the soft cheese into a mixing bowl and start to soften with an electric mixer

add the sweetened condensed milk slowly, this will ensure no lumps from the cheese remain

then add the double cream

roll the lemons on the work surface, don't know why but they give up more juice & then squeeze them * note husband's are particularly adept at this part if you have one handy!

add the lemon juice to the bowl a bit at a time & you'll find the beautifully creamy mixture starts to thicken

once all of the lemon juice has been added then transfer this to the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour. Enjoy!

TIP: If you like some texture and extra lemony tang then add some grated lemon rind

Please Note:

While all of Nigella's recipes are of course tested extensively, nigella.com do not test any of the community recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.

Well we talked for a couple of seasons, how we needed someone to hold the ball up alongside our strikers (a Steve Howard type) - seems to me, we got one, in Sammon, but he doesn't play alongside our strikers, he plays on his own, upfront, and it's a big ask. If he were to play upfront with someone, he would have the chance to hold the ball up, play it and be there for a one two if needed.

I may be talking ***** - but it's how I see it. He needs help up there.

Quick no bake lemon cheescake, simply divine with easy measurements.

Recipe posted by 'H'

397g tin of sweetened condensed milk

300g soft cream cheese

285ml double cream

4 large unwaxed lemons

12 digestive biscuits, crushed

80g or one third of block of butter

Method

take 7inch loose bottomed cake tin, melt butter slowly on stove and add the crush digestive biscuits

once the butter has been absorbed then turn into loose bottomed tin and pat down gently, refrigerate

for the cheesecake mixture, place the soft cheese into a mixing bowl and start to soften with an electric mixer

add the sweetened condensed milk slowly, this will ensure no lumps from the cheese remain

then add the double cream

roll the lemons on the work surface, don't know why but they give up more juice & then squeeze them * note husband's are particularly adept at this part if you have one handy!

add the lemon juice to the bowl a bit at a time & you'll find the beautifully creamy mixture starts to thicken

once all of the lemon juice has been added then transfer this to the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour. Enjoy!

TIP: If you like some texture and extra lemony tang then add some grated lemon rind

Please Note:

While all of Nigella's recipes are of course tested extensively, nigella.com do not test any of the community recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.

WTF?!

Well we talked for a couple of seasons, how we needed someone to hold the ball up alongside our strikers (a Steve Howard type) - seems to me, we got one, in Sammon, but he doesn't play alongside our strikers, he plays on his own, upfront, and it's a big ask. If he were to play upfront with someone, he would have the chance to hold the ball up, play it and be there for a one two if needed.

I may be talking ***** - but it's how I see it. He needs help up there.

I dont understand why people critisise him, he is a very similar player to Kuqi as he holds the ball up and puts in alot of effort but isnt prolific, yet everyone loved Kuqi.

Archived