Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watched them against us, Bolton and Leicester - they were very much bypassing the midfield, but seems like the back 4 were encouraged to pass it.

At home against us most of their passes found the forehead of Jake Buxton - embarrassing really.

They tried a lot of diagonal balls from the full backs, both halford and harding are ***** though, so could of just been against the managers wish but seemed to happen far too often.

True against us, neither side were playing football though so bit harsh to use that game as an example. I thought they looked good against Bolton first half if i remember rightly. Cant imagine them playing too many long balls, what's the point if you play Sharp and Cox up front, must be the smallest partnership in the league.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True against us, neither side were playing football though so bit harsh to use that game as an example. I thought they looked good against Bolton first half if i remember rightly. Cant imagine them playing too many long balls, what's the point if you play Sharp and Cox up front, must be the smallest partnership in the league.

Ball gets lumped to Cox more often than not - it is just badly organised, or was. I thought so, at least for the games I've seen. Against Bolton they got really lucky through a wonder goal, apart from that thought they were very poor.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been done before, but I just wanted to do a straw poll on whether people rate Sammon or not? He seems to get a lot of stick, and unfairly for me. I think the reason he is not appreciated is because he is not lethal, doesn't beat his man, and isn't creating too much. I think this is because we are not using him correctly - when he has a strike partner next to him, or midfielders running beyond him, he will be a real rock of our side.

Personally, I think he brings so much to the team, hassling and harrying the opposition defence, making himself available, I DO think he has a good touch and protects the ball well - and I dont think we have another striker like him.

He' definitely a hit for me.

So, "for" or "against", and why please.

He is better than Theo but thats hardly a great compliment.

Our strikers are no better than average, every one of them unless you count Ward as a striker.

Once again today it showed that if you don't support Sammon you're literally pissing in the wind.

As I've already said today, he was the reason we didn't lose. Worked hard for the team, got a vital assist.

He was the difference between us drawing and losing, a better striker would have been the difference between us winning and losing.

A "goal scorer" could have tried to have created himself an opportunity today instead of making an oppurtinity for Ward, and would have probably squandered that opportunity

He is better than Theo but thats hardly a great compliment.

Our strikers are no better than average, every one of them unless you count Ward as a striker.

Once again today it showed that if you don't support Sammon you're literally pissing in the wind.

He cost £1 million, the same that Chris Wood cost for Leicester, although I'd prefer Wood, I think we were linked with him once actually.

You're right though, Sammon is just the best out of an average bunch. Though he's not fishy,

He cost £1 million, the same that Chris Wood cost for Leicester, although I'd prefer Wood, I think we were linked with him once actually.

You're right though, Sammon is just the best out of an average bunch. Though he's not fishy,

2 million for Wood. And Sammon only cost undisclosed, which I think is a bargain.

Archived