Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does he panic when he gets the ball at his feet? He tries to do everything at 100mph.

You're 6'2 and pretty bloody fast. Defenders aren't getting as tight as you think fella. Not until they realise you take 4 rapid attempts to control a bouncing ball. He should be a nightmare to play against but he just plays like everything needs to happen yesterday!

Composure fella!!

Why does he panic when he gets the ball at his feet? He tries to do everything at 100mph.

You're 6'2 and pretty bloody fast. Defenders aren't getting as tight as you think fella. Not until they realise you take 4 rapid attempts to control a bouncing ball. He should be a nightmare to play against but he just plays like everything needs to happen yesterday!

Composure fella!!

A very good summary that.

Sammon is almost a good player, but just lacking something. I think composure may well be it. The other thing he probably lacks is a decent strike partner. I have a feeling that if Sammon partnered Adam Le Fondre that both would look like world beaters.

The type of player he is and the fee means he will be compared against Hulse, Howard and Rasiak of recent times. Having watched all four, I'd be surprised if he ever surpassed my current assessment of him at the foot of that list. He is just pretty average IMO, can't really slag him off as he ain't terrible and he will score a few but equally I'm aware he is never going to set the world alight. For where we are, he does the job.

Agree with a lot of comments here. He doesn't seem to like responsibility, i.e. he holds it up well and brings others into the game but he lacks confidence and composure in front of goal. What I like about him is his work ethic and his enthusiasm. However, I expect more than that for a seven-figure sum. Compare and contrast with Chris Wood.

I think Clough actually wants a team of ten midfield players, which means great football but not always an end product.

Connor Sammon, when playing with Jamie Ward looked really good. I think he needs someone that can play a 1 - 2 with him. No disrespect to Theo but he can simply run onto it, he doesn't have the ability to take a touch and lay it back off to Sammon. Hence Sammon never really has any shots at goal from the edge of the box. Jamie Ward would have that combination play and be able to take on more players and be able to have shots from further out.

Merry Christmas

Archived