Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no!

slow it right down and watch it frame by frame, he swings a foot at it, misses, spins around, falls over, then shamelessly gets up and reels away doing a Gareth Bale celebration.

Terrible.

If you look even closer you will realise it was in fact James O'Connor, it wasn't even Sammon!!!

Still laughing at this thread 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Bris, even if you don't agree - and let it be said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion - you have to see the funny side?

Ladyram, I think you will find that whether this thread is funny or not is not up for debate.

It is funny FACT.

Sammon did well today in an overall good team performance. And his goal will give him confidence along with the recent assists at Ipswich. I'm looking forward to seeing what a confident Sammon can do on Tuesday.

Coutts did well overall today as well, although I wish his set pieces didn't keep hitting the first man.

Ignore Bris, he likes to think he knows about football. He doesn't.

Sammon is good as long as he doesn't have time to think! When he's in a tight spot he can control and hold the ball up and more often than not, plays the simple pass. When he has time and space, he's terrible! He runs straight into the opposition defence like a first world war tommy in no man's land. His goals will be instinctive not crafted, but he's a good team man.

There's lots of different views about Sammon. It's obviously early days and I don't think Sammon is tuned in to the rest of the team yet. I’m not even sure he’s fully match fit. But...

...at the moment he's reminding me of Bavies. Like Bavies he looks good at times but I get that nagging feeling that anything better than average mid-table defences will prove too much for him.

Hopefully the best of Sammon is only a little while off once Ward, Bryson and others get to know how to use him and vice versa.

There's lots of different views about Sammon. It's obviously early days and I don't think Sammon is tuned in to the rest of the team yet. I’m not even sure he’s fully match fit. But...

...at the moment he's reminding me of Bavies. Like Bavies he looks good at times but I get that nagging feeling that anything better than average mid-table defences will prove too much for him.

Hopefully the best of Sammon is only a little while off once Ward, Bryson and others get to know how to use him and vice versa.

If he is not match fit then he will destroy defenses when he is/when you think he is. He is constantly shrugging off defenders which takes far more out of a player than anything else.

i think that's starting to happen. we are hitting the channels more with our passing and that has benefited both sammon and theo.

Clough even said so, in no uncertain terms in the Blackpool interview about his below par performance against Blackburn.

Below par? How nice of Clough to phrase it so sensitively 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I do get the fact that some on here are already convinced he’s good enough to take us forward - but I’m not there yet. Other than ‘that goal’ I’ve not seen anything that special. So far he looks to be an average hard working player who might be good enough to make it in a mid-table championship side. Maybe when he beds in I’ll think differently.

Below par? How nice of Clough to phrase it so sensitively 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I do get the fact that some on here are already convinced he’s good enough to take us forward - but I’m not there yet. Other than ‘that goal’ I’ve not seen anything that special. So far he looks to be an average hard working player who might be good enough to make it in a mid-table championship side. Maybe when he beds in I’ll think differently.

I agree. I think he is putting in the hard work and he will eventually find his feet. We have to remember he had barley played 1st team football for a year before joining us. Is he a player that will get us automatic promotion...no. Is he a player that will help us reach the play offs..this season I am not to sure but next, definitely.

• 1 month later...

Archived