Connor Sammon Success or Failure?

upinsideyouhead

Connor Sammon Success or Failure?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New here but having watched this lad play I don't think he is any where near good enough to be our main striker. I reckon Clough should get rid in January and get someone in who knows where the onion bag is.. Checked his record, one half decent season in the Scottish pub league and that is it. I'm beginning to see why, slow, poor ball control and looks hopelessly unfit. How the hell he keeps Tyson out is beyond comprehension. Still when Wardy is fit hopefully we won't see him again.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give him chance - our general play is better having somebody to hold the ball up. He would have had a great assist today if Theo had finished. He is plenty good enough at this level.

There - I managed to write a reply without annihilating that ridiculous post... doh!

Quarter way through the season and 1 goal. Might get 4 at this rate if we're lucky.

Oh and thankks for the welcome

Quarter way through the season and 1 goal. Might get 4 at this rate if we're lucky.

Oh and thankks for the welcome

Just remind me what Tyson's goal record is - you slag Sammon off for goalscoring but wonder how he keeps Tyson out?

Sorry about the welcome, but I thought that was ridiculous!!!

However, I thought Tyson changed the game today.

I don't think he's half as bad some some fans make out. People say he can't hit a barn door etc, I'd probably agree if he was missing chance after chance but he hasn't had a sniff today. Nor did he against BHA as the supply to him is absolutely pants at the minute. He plays the majority of his game facing away from the opposition's goal and he's the best striker we have for that. His touch, passing etc might be wayward sometimes but he's still much better than we have got.

I'm not going to get too critical when we simply aren't creating anything for him.

He hasn't scored enough at all. He had a bad game today, problem seemed to be his first touch, the ball kept bouncing away from him.

Maybe Clough should have swapped him for Tyson a bit earlier. As Tyson looked well up for the fight and did well I thought. Along with Jacobs

It's too soon to say whether Sammon has been a success or not.

But so far, I've been very much underwhelmed.

It is easy to say well Sammon wasn't introduced to score goals but to advance our general play. In the games I have seen, he hasn't added much in that respect either.

From first look, you think 'ooh, he's a big lad, he should be a handful'. But I don't think it's enough to just have the physical attributes alone. There are going to be defenders in this division who are just as big and just as strong if not more so.

You have to have the intelligence and technique to utilise those attributes and I think that is probably where Sammon is lacking.

I just hope that maybe he is still finding his feet and we'll see the best of him in the games to come.

Sammons best attribute, as has been said, is receiving the long balls. He pretty much wins every one of them, but there's never anybody around him to knock it down to. He can't be held totally responsible.

He has a terrible first touch with his feet though, it bounces 3-5 yards away from him so he needs alot of space which he isn't going to get.

Archived