Salif Diao - Stoke City

David

Stoke City midfielder Salif Diao has revealed he is likely to leave the Potters this summer and has been linked with Derby.

The 32-year-old midfielder joined Stoke three years ago, initially on loan, but expects to be playing his football somewhere else next season as Stoke are yet to give him a 'serious offer'.

"I am going on holiday to have a good rest with my family and then see what happens," Diao told The Sentinel. "At the moment I don't have a serious offer from Stoke, so if I get an offer from somewhere else, I might be moving.

"I have just had a few contacts with a few clubs, so I'm waiting to see. A lot of things were undecided until the last day of the season. Hopefully, in the coming week, I will have something more official."

Derby boss Nigel Clough could offer the former Liverpool man a deal with the Senegal international thought to be happy to swap the Premier League for an ambitious Championship club over the summer.

[url=http://www.clubcall.com/derby-county/ex-liverpool-man-rams-radar-905773.html]http://www.clubcall.com/derby-county/ex-li...dar-905773.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you remember him m'lady? he did really well in the world cup I think and was hyped up, then was total tosh when he arrived Liverpool. I doubt the rumour has anything in it to be honest as Clough said he was after players from this level and below with the hunger and desire to suceed, I just don't see Diao fitting into that category.

That was it Diouf signed at the same time as they both had decent World Cup's and Liverpool paid big money to get them, up there with the biggest flops in Scouseland Didn't they sign Le Tallec as well that summer, he was meant to be another big star which didn't happen either.

Archived