England v San Marino

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't quite get the point of Walker being on the pitch. He had no defensive work to do and stopped England using Lennon's pace to go past part time defenders. We needed intelligence from players and only Welbeck, Baines and Oxlade-Chanberlain had any. 5 - 0 is OK , but performance was quite poor. Poland will be a test and I hope Hodgson gets it right re the set up and tactics. Not been that impressed so far.

San Marino might be crap, and the country might be tiny, but it's still 11 human beings, with two legs and a body, cramming the penalty area for 90 minutes that you've got to force the ball around. It wasn't a spectacle in any way, shape or form, but a job done perfectly well and move on.

Townsend before half time "Wellbeck has hardly had a kick"

Then gives him MOTM.

The population of San Marino is 38k?

And as for ITV mocking San Marino..... well I saw England struggle to get out their half v Italy and France. Arrogant cnuts with selective memory.

Will Welbeck and Oxlade Chamberlain take this piss in Rio?

Play like that all the time and it'd be alright. But I've not seen them ever try to be clever and intricate in central positions before. Why?

I loved how they banged on how important the game was for Baines but 5 mins later said managers don't learn anything from games like these.

If England had scored 10 people would of wanted 15, score 15 they'd want 20...

San Marino have only been hit for double figures 5 times in 22 years and in that time they have played Netherlands six times, Spain four times, Germany twice and England twice.

Also had England hit double figures the same old argument of players goal records don't really count as they played against crap teams like San Marino.

No matter what England do it won't be good enough for some people.

Like some have said, it's difficult to score too many when there are ten opposition players behind the ball. Besides, I predicted a 6-0 win, so 5-0 isn't too bad. The five goals we scored in Moldova will help our cause a little, Poland could only beat them 2-0, and Ukraine couldn't beat them at all.

I'm not too concerned. Win in Poland and should Ukraine beat Montenegro, we'll be 5 clear with a huge goal difference. Poland play some good stuff but seemed to tire early in every game at Euro 2012, so I reckon we will win it. Plus, Blaszczykowski is injured so that may make things easier.

Archived