Bolton Sack Coyle

Day

Looking at the defence they had when Coyle arrived he should be knighted for keeping them up

Hunt, Samuel, Knight, Shittu, O'Brien, Robinson, Ricketts

I'd be worried if that was a Championship defence, how he kept them up is a miracle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shittu is decent, he always gets stick but he's simply Darren Moore mk2. Robinson is still ok, Knight 'was' decent but has gone backwards fast recently, it wasn't a very good defense no, but in comparison with other defences at the time it wasn't the worst. Teams like Wolves and Wigan had (and still do have) defenses arguably just as dodgy.

Why he never really tried to improve it i'm not sure, Marcus Alonso isn't good enough and Wheater was the only signing he made to improve it. Very strange.

Shittu is decent? sorry I had to stop reading there, the clue is in his name

I'm convinced Shittu's performance changed Nigel's mind about Kuqi when he was on loan here, Shittu will walk all over most target men, after we played that game Kuqi was dropped and Luke Moore started playing ahead of him, I think Nigel even made comment on Kuqi being shut-out in the after match interview.

Shittu walks over target men but has some trouble with smarter players, hence why he never really cut it in the Prem. In this league though he's very effective, hence why he has always been in demand.

Have you ever watched him for any length of time? No control of a football, no, but defensively spot on when it comes to battling your way through a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived