Jonjo Shelvey England Call Up

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He cried when he broke his leg...!! brilliant...he is a thug...3 legs before 23....sounds like a thug to me....and to make it worse...he is a poor footballer.

He broke 3 legs before the age of 23?

And how poor is he if a man who has managed in the Premiership, Serie A and the highest level of international football calls him up to his team?

Everyone seems to know better than Hodgson.

What do you expect given the serious lack of talent we have now? He can only pick what's infront of him.

Hodgson is clearly picking the players who'll be around for the future, beyond the 2014 World Cup and so on. There is no point picking someone in their mid thirties as they might help us qualify yes, but they almost certainly wouldn't play in the actual tournament and qualifying itself can be done with those younger players who WILL go, and at the same time giving them games together to grow as a squad.

He picks what he can. I would argue that Osman could play at the next WC and I think he should've been given a call up, aside from him there are few other options available who you could really consider useable players for the next two years and so on. (Tom Ince would have an outside chance for me, otherwise, we're lacking options)

Also probably worth mentioning Shelvey is still very young, in 7 years he'll probably be one of our 'better' English Premier League midfielders, he's certainly no donkey. Get him involved now and he might progress a little quicker.

Archived