Jonjo Shelvey England Call Up

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what about Shawcross ? If he's an England player I'm a Dutchman. We are having to settle for mediocrity in the England team now as less and less english players are cutting it at the top end of our game.

I mean, take Joe Hart out of the equasion, could Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle or Liverpool supply us with a goalie ? No and that's going to eventually spread thoughout the team.

Welbeck is pony and nowhere near the class of Sheringham, Shearer, Linaker even Ian Wright.

We're being fed this bilge from Sky that these guys are superstars when in fact they are actuall pretty ordinary.

Remind me how many medals the players you mention won at international level??

Maybe having a team without the big egos may work in our favour, given we haven't even made a final for a very long time, we can't do any worse.

Remind me how many medals the players you mention won at international level??

Maybe having a team without the big egos may work in our favour, given we haven't even made a final for a very long time, we can't do any worse.

Right players, wrong management. Try telling me if Wenger or Ferguson was England manager the above would have gone without winning a tournament.

If you think the next generation of small ego's will fair better you are deluded, they are so ordinary it's unbelievable, England will become the Bolton of world football.

Right players, wrong management. Try telling me if Wenger or Ferguson was England manager the above would have gone without winning a tournament.

If you think the next generation of small ego's will fair better you are deluded, they are so ordinary it's unbelievable, England will become the Bolton of world football.

I'd like to know what tournaments you think we could have won, even with those two managers.. Arsene Wenger is hardly the best tactician around anyway which is necessary at international level..

Alex Ferguson has only ever won the Champiuons league twice, and relied heavily on foreign influence both times.. Over the past 12 years or so England simply haven't had the creativity nor the tactical nous to outdo teams..

Those that kept banging on about Gerrard and Lamaprd being the best CMs during a time when Zidane and Pirlo were at their peaks is just laughable.. The closest tournament we came to winning was Euro 2004, a semi-final against a strong Dutch side would have been the outcome plus Greece in the final.. But we were lucky to get to penalties as we were played off the park by a superior Portugal side that had far better players than England did..

Our golden generation of the mid 2000s wasn't really that good.. We just massively overhyped them because of the PL boom (largly in part to Foreigners) we thought that having an English CM winning the CL (gerrard) meant that he was the best CM in the world, when in reality he wasn't even the best CM in Liverpool, Xabi Alonso was..

You are right in that we are becoming the Bolton of international football.. Our team now is terrible, only Hart and Rooney would get into the Spain or Germany squad and neither would get into the starting 11 of those countries..

Has Shawcross really been called up???!!

Fook me. What a horrible thug from a team of horrible thugs supported by thousands of horrible muppets who are happy to watch horrific football.

Just starting to think I could like England with

Hart

Wilshere

Parker

Milner (don't rate him but can't fault his attitude)

And seeing the backs of the "Golden Generation" of world class wages paid to average/good footballers.

Yuk!

Strange that you quote ferguson as a manager that would have won something with these legends, yet the current crop that you call the "Bolton" you single out none other than wellbeck.

Do I think the next generation will do better? Well I tell you what, i will have you a bet that they will equal or better the number of cups the legends you quoted won.

Archived