Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season he was mostly used as a sub. 8 starts 17 apps from the bench. He haa struggled to step up to playing in the Prem. His total record for Wigan ; played 31 scored 1. He has been given lots of chances from the bench. He often gets played down the left flank. 6'3 so would be used as a Hulse type target man if Clough can pull this off.

Good signing on loan

Really?

On what evidence do you base that?

Maybe it's his wonderful scoring record in 1 in 6 for the likes of Dublin, Derry City and Kilmarnock.

One poster above said he would offer us height. Really? Is 5ft 10ins tall for a striker?

So far he's done nothing aside from one manager taking a punt on him to play for a struggling Premiership side and he made absolutely no impression there whatsoever.

I'm not exactly doing cartwheels about this as I think we have much better options currently at the club and that about sums up my feelings.

This smells of desperation.

Really?

On what evidence do you base that?

Maybe it's his wonderful scoring record in 1 in 6 for the likes of Dublin, Derry City and Kilmarnock.

One poster above said he would offer us height. Really? Is 5ft 10ins tall for a striker?

So far he's done nothing aside from one manager taking a punt on him to play for a struggling Premiership side and he made absolutely no impression there whatsoever.

I'm not exactly doing cartwheels about this as I think we have much better options currently at the club and that about sums up my feelings.

This smells of desperation.

If I remember rightly yes that is his overall scoring record but just prior to Derby almost signing him and Wigan signing he did hit a bit of a goal run, hence the interest

He has got pace and strength.Did well agianst the majority of teams he played agianst especially man u in their amazing 1-0 win.

Hopefully it is with view to pernament deal i would be happy if the club did a couple of them this season as if things dont plan out we havent wasted any actual money but if they do we will have the money atthe end of the season hopefully from promotion.Is talks about maynard and Baldock with the same kind of deal still on anyone?

Apparently the talks between Maynard and Derby have come to a Holt because Maynard rejected a move to Derby because they lack ambition. He will sign for Blackburn quite soon on loan. We would not be able to pay his high wages.

Archived