Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's that time of year when all these "reliable sources" come out the woodwork, might nip over to Ladbrokes and see what odds I can get on no Steve Davies to Ipswich announcement

I'll give you odds of 1/100

Davies gone. To be announced later today. Gone to Ipswich and taken his kids out of school, Fee involved. Reliable source

Absolute bullshit, Kids have still got another 2 months left in school, players cant be bought and sold until the 1st June, so why would he move until then? I'm sure his eldest kid is like 4, so they wouldn't even be in school. Jewell is manager at Ipswich, Jewell signed him for Derby. Poor rumour

I don't really want to see Savies leave. I think he's got 15-20 goals in him next year.

Having said that - if he is going or has gone and there's a fee involved (got be at least 750k) then I think that means we're going all out for a PROPER goalscorer and he's going to cost money.

Absolute bullshit, Kids have still got another 2 months left in school, players cant be bought and sold until the 1st June, so why would he move until then? I'm sure his eldest kid is like 4, so they wouldn't even be in school. Jewell is manager at Ipswich, Jewell signed him for Derby. Poor rumour

They can. You can sign players inside england from may 1st, such as pearce to leeds ect...

They can. You can sign players inside england from may 1st, such as pearce to leeds ect...

Thats a completelty different scenario, Portsmouth need the money to pay the debts, what interest is it for Steve Davies to leave 2 month before he has to, when he can collect 2 months more wages from Derby?

Thats a completelty different scenario, Portsmouth need the money to pay the debts, what interest is it for Steve Davies to leave 2 month before he has to, when he can collect 2 months more wages from Derby?

Higher salary? and move as fast as can to give time to his family settle down?

Higher salary? and move as fast as can to give time to his family settle down?

And moving his kids that are in 'school' out early? Bit hipocritical? Players can't sign a contract until the window officially opens on July 1st, so why would he leave Derby today, go without any pay until July 1st, the man would lose about £20,000 - this argument is pointless because the story is complete ****

I doubt it... would be so disappointed if he were to go however, class act on his day. Has a better ratio that 1 goal every 2 games this season (from starts) he is one player Id dread to see leave because he is set up to be a top player at this level!

What difference would 2 months make in settling down?

Unless you are going by the logic the world will end in December.

Moving to another city can be quite stressful. And to wait for it to happen can be even worse.

And moving his kids that are in 'school' out early? Bit hipocritical? Players can't sign a contract until the window officially opens on July 1st, so why would he leave Derby today, go without any pay until July 1st, the man would lose about £20,000 - this argument is pointless because the story is complete ****

The story is probably complete bull, but clubs can announce signings.

Davies wouldnt lose anything, the clubs would just announce that the signing will be complete once the transfer window opens, he would probably gain from a "handshake" payment from Derby as he didnt ask for a transfer, a signing on fee from ipswich and an increased weekly wage.

I know he was renting his property last year in our local village, and I think he moved to another rented property, and maybe this has been in the pipeline for a couple of weeks now, didnt someone say he had turned a contract down ?

But my guess is that somebody is making stuff up !

Is his kids even in school yet?

Officially transfers windows opens July 1st, you're right. But I think English players can make move earlier? Does someone know this for certain? Last year I think we had announced quite a few deals already this point of year, although most of them were loans first.

If it's possible to move earlier, I'll bet Jewell will pay him more than we do. And now that players are more or less on holidays, I cannot see why he wouldn't be moving already.

Let's wait and see if it is true. Would be quite surprise if it were, thinking how Clough just talk how important this off-season is for Savies.

I'm not saying its 100% true, but my friend has been right with these sort of things before. Don't ask me how he knows. Also we signed fielding, theo and ward on may 1st last season.

saying Davies HAS gone is pretty much 100% saying it's true Jacob.

There was no "might have gone" in your post.

Oh christ... For me the worst post I have ever seen on this board, the most ridiculous and lame point I have ever heard/read from a Derby fan.

Unbelievable, there is no other way to counter argue you saying ball and bennett aren't good enough other than saying you are talking utter ****!

Utter ****? I'll bet you £50 in 5 years ball will be playing at the very best in the championship if that. He's slow + big, but useless in the air and not much presence unlike howard etc....cant seem him getting any better in the air really at all. I think he's useless at skills and cannot take the ball past anyone.

and well i just dont like bennet, my opinion, you probably have your own but respect mine.

Archived