Adam Legzdins

David

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County goalkeeper Adam Legzdins has re-joined npower League Two side Burton Albion on a one-month emergency loan deal.

The Rams hold a 24-hour recall clause in the deal, should the shot-stopper need to return to Pride Park for any reason.

The 25-year-old put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal with the Rams last summer after boss Nigel Clough identified him as the man to provide competition alongside first-choice goalkeeper Frank Fielding.

Burton, who are 17th in League Two, parted company with manager Paul Peschisolido at the weekend after a run of 14 matches without a win.

Ex-Ram Gary Rowett has stepped in as caretaker manager - with his first game in charge at home to Northampton Town tonight - and he has moved quickly to bring Legzdins back to Burton on a temporary basis.

Legzdins, who was Burton's Player of the Year last season, will be vying for a first-team spot with fellow Rams loanee goalkeeper Ross Atkins, who joined the Brewers on a season-long loan deal in July last year and has made 36 league appearances this term.

Legzdins has featured twice for Clough's side this season, making his full debut in the side's 3-0 home victory over relegation-threatened Millwall in September. However, his most notable appearance was as a second-minute substitute in the Rams' 2-1 away victory at Nottingham Forest a week earlier after Frank Fielding was sent off.

Youngster James Severn will fill the role as back-up for Fielding after the 20-year-old returned from his loan spell with Eastwood Town at the end of December, where he gained valuable first-team experience in the Blue Square North.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2682565,00.html

He'll never buy a pint in a pub I'm in after the forest game.

Hope he comes back.

I think he will, whenever he's played he's done a decent job, so unless he's demanding first team football (which I doubt because it will mean moving to a smaller team, and most likely lower wages) he will come back

I think he will, whenever he's played he's done a decent job, so unless he's demanding first team football (which I doubt because it will mean moving to a smaller team, and most likely lower wages) he will come back

Yeah, I guess he'll be back.

Must be a weird gig being a 2nd keeper. You wait weeks and months for an opportunity, have a blinder, but still, more often than not, don't get picked again for ages. I can imagine it gets frustrating.

Yeah, I guess he'll be back.

Must be a weird gig being a 2nd keeper. You wait weeks and months for an opportunity, have a blinder, but still, more often than not, don't get picked again for ages. I can imagine it gets frustrating.

I bet he's on £3000-4000 a week so I can't really empathise with him! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

excellent backup for fielding if we ever need, would hate it if he left permenatenly....but at least now at burton he can get some valuable first team time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

oh god, - severn.....please tell me we can recall ledzgings the moment we need him?(e.g. franky injuired)

24hr re-call so its hardly a concern if fielding gets injured. its quite clear that he is in clough's plans cos he said in the interview that they want him back to play in the last few games of the season. good quality back up keeper that i think will be here as long as he wants to be.

excellent backup for fielding if we ever need, would hate it if he left permenatenly....but at least now at burton he can get some valuable first team time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

oh god, - severn.....please tell me we can recall ledzgings the moment we need him?(e.g. franky injuired)

Severns not a bad keeper.

He was by far the best player in a terrible Eastwood team. He made some great saves for them and all the goals against him were due to the team around him. If you put Joe Hart, Casillas, valdes and Cech between the sticks at the same time they'd still get hammered.

24hr re-call so its hardly a concern if fielding gets injured. its quite clear that he is in clough's plans cos he said in the interview that they want him back to play in the last few games of the season. good quality back up keeper that i think will be here as long as he wants to be.

He is a good keeper, it has been a long time since we had 2 decent ones on the books. It's all very well having a 24 hour recall but what if Frankie gets injured/ sent off during a match (heaven forbid)?

Archived