Formula One World Championship 2012

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another all McLaren front row, Hamilton on pole again. great to see Schumi up there in 3rd. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm not sure I'm glad to see him in 3rd, that means he's still a threat and he's capable of some good starts. But, saying that, he'll need to be at his best to get past the Mclarens. I can't see it happening meself.

I reckon Mclaren are going to dominate this season.

I reckon Mclaren are going to dominate this season.

I agree. Normally, McLaren start behind and have to play catch-up, and finish up well because they're brilliant at developing cars. They've turned absolute dogs of Formula One Cars into race winners many a time.

The fact they've actually started with a good car is a bit worrying for their rivals.

Yep, it makes a change to see Mclaren starting off on the front foot for a change doesn't it, in terms of both their cars and drivers.

I'd love it if Jenson won it again but still be happy if Lewis did - but Lewis has to get rid of his tendancys to get a bit mardy. It spoils him.

Yep, it makes a change to see Mclaren starting off on the front foot for a change doesn't it, in terms of both their cars and drivers.

I'd love it if Jenson won it again but still be happy if Lewis did - but Lewis has to get rid of his tendancys to get a bit mardy. It spoils him.

Totally agree with that point, I am a Lewis fan, however last season he didn't have his head together and was been rather petty about things, but hey he's still young. Would love a 1 - 2 from Mclaren, and either of them to win it.

Hopefully Bernie will now move the Malaysian GP back to where it started before for next year. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

God knows why Hamilton and Button were so slow on the intermediates.

Alonso proving why he's the best driver on the grid, and Perez out of nowhere with a well deserved second place - would have won if it wasn't for his idiotic engineer telling him to be careful when he was charging down Alonso.

Good race.

I'd say Lewis seems to have his head screwed on more this season. His interviews have proven that. After yesterday's race he seemed pretty relaxed despite the fact that his pit crew cost him a chance at getting up there. However fantastic driving by Alonso and more so from Perez. Very impressed with the way he handled himself.

If you're in to Formula One, Perez has been noted in the back of your mind as a special driver, but this has now put him on everyone's minds.

Vettel did it in a Torro Rosso at Monza in 2008, Senna did it in a Toleman at Monaco in 1984, and Perez has done it in a Sauber. When a driver retires and they show the clips of their great races, this is Perez's first.

Still, what a drive from Alonso in a dog of a car. Don't expect him to win the title, but if Ferrari sort their car out he'll win a few more.

Hamilton's had two poor races but he's second in the WDC, and the leader of the realistic title challengers in the decent cars. If he keeps collecting points like this in his bad races, he'll mount a proper challenge this season. That was where it went wrong for him last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived