Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks the PL is anything more than a supposively 3 horse race is kidding themselves.. Arsenal won't finish with 10 points of the winner, that's a given..

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

That will be the top 3 this season and most likely in that order.. Chelsea won't finish above Man Utd 100% sure..

Arsenal will comfortably finish 4th.. Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle will all finish in the top 10.. WHU, Swansea, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Stoke and WBA all 100% won't go down..

3 out of Norwich, Reading, Southampton, Wigan and QPR will 100% go down..

The PL is as predicatable as that... I'd be amazed if any of those above isn't true at the end of the season.. If it's going to be predictable at least have some good football like La Liga and the Bundesliga.. The PL currently has 113 goals in 39 games, or 2.9 goals a game which isn't too bad.... But given that the top 4 account for 49 goals the rest of the league and games that don't involve the top 4 are low scoring snooze fests..

What's been everyones favourite game so far? I think the Man City 3-2 Soton game is the best so far in the PL.. Outsdide of the big 4 probably the Wigan 2-2 Stoke was quite entertaining for the contrast in styles.. Any Norwich and Sunderland game this season has been rubbish

It was rubbish. Shaky camera angles, trying to make it an American TV show or something. Crap.

It started off alright, then got worse! thought it'd be like QPR's one. Did you see that?

Agree with much of your post btw Bris. Except I'd swap Chelsea and Arsenal. I think Chelsea look dodgy and only if Hazard was to get injured I think they'd certainly struggle to unlock good defences. Arsenal with Cazorla, Gervinho, Ox and Walcott have a bit more energy. And Podolski....... but everytime I've watched him he's been pooh.

It started off alright, then got worse! thought it'd be like QPR's one. Did you see that?

Agree with much of your post btw Bris. Except I'd swap Chelsea and Arsenal. I think Chelsea look dodgy and only if Hazard was to get injured I think they'd certainly struggle to unlock good defences. Arsenal with Cazorla, Gervinho, Ox and Walcott have a bit more energy. And Podolski....... but everytime I've watched him he's been pooh.

I saw that, was a totally different kind of show though. Plus it was very humouros.

Lukas Podolski, poo, that guy has been more consistent over the years than Van Persie and is still only 26 or 27, he had one bad year at Bayern. Very pleased he signed for Arsenal although he'd be equally as good at Manchester United who are probably more suited to his style than Arsenal, but I guess Arsenal have had to make alot of changes over the past year or so.

One thing, him and Cazorla seem to get in each others way sometimes but I guess that's a relationship that needs to gel. Podolski is their best signing this season, Cazorla seems a bit huff and puff running into dead ends or taking a greedy shot when he could do a Will Hughes and cut it across the box. Gervinho has had a decent start, wonder if he'll keep it up.

Me and my pals seem to think it'll be a bit closer this year than previous. Think Man United will win it, Man City second and between Arsenal and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th. Maybe more wishful than anything. Can't see Newcastle doing as well as last year, maybe Everton can be a surprise package. How different does Leighton Baines look when he plays for Everton, when he's surrounded by players he knows he's a different player than when he plays for England. Wonder what Tottenham will show us this year, kinda of hope it pays off for AVB, controversy follows him around it seems. Tom Huddlestone's barnet.

The Everton Newcastle game was a decent, best one I've seen thus far anyway.

United still have that ability not to play well but grind out results. Don't think they'll win owt though and Fergie will retire at the end of the season.

Chelsea will have a great season, buoyed by the Champions League victory, will do well again in that plus win the FA Cup.( I just think they'll have too much for us in extra time).

Citeh will win the League again, pulling away in Feb/March.

Top 3

Citeh

Chelsea

Arsenal

I wasn't saying Podolski is pooh BnW, just I've seen him about 5 times (not this season) and never seen him play that well. But I know he's highly rated for a reason.

Uttox leaving United out the top 3? Bold move!! Fergie will retire if that happens. Mourinho in?

Archived