Photo

Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9999 replies to this topic

#1 Daveo

Daveo

• Administrators
  • 35,725 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

Keepers
Camp - Through gritted teeth - decent keeper, Daddies boy tho
Smith - Sat on his arse for too long, only gloves he sticks on are his marigolds

Defenders
Chambers - Did well last season, 1 season wonder?
Morgan - Big lump of nothingness
Gunter - Dirty fecker but decent full back
Moloney - Rising star isn't he?
Bennett - Crock
Lynch - Useless

Midfielders
Anderson - All pace and no shizzle
McGugan - Premiership bound in January
McCleary - What is the point of this?
Cohen - Steady
Majewski - Little fella looks a decent player I will admit
Reid - Overweight and a crock

Strikers
Mcgoldrick - Useless
Tudgay - Slighty better than useless
Blackstock - Crocked
Findley - USA international super star striker with 0 goals in 4 years

One foot out the door
Earnshaw
Moussi

This is not a squad, this is not a Promotion worthy team (please note I'am not saying Derby are). I would put it to you that Billy Davies once again over achieved and this season I expect those Forest fans living in cloud cuckoo land (not mentioning any names), will come to earth with a bump.

Those stars on yer shirts and coffee cups in the cabinet don't count for Jack anymore, as a Derby fan I don't fear them, in fact I feel sorry for them. 2 close shaves and the only bloke that could of took this rabble to the Prem has been sacked.

Mr McClaren you have a mighty big re-building job on yer hands here, I would of stayed in the dole queue personally.

#2 davenportram

davenportram

• Moderators
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

Players leaving and no replacements yet. Anybody think they have no money left in the kitty

#3 Daveo

Daveo

• Administrators
  • 35,725 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Can they even afford to feed a kitty? cat food ain't cheap anymore.

Rumours are Earnshaw has been offered less money for a longer contract, Palace have offered more money on a shorter contract.

#4 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

I liked Earnshaw's little overture towards Cardiff last month - When it looked like Malky was getting the job, Earnie all over the press lauding what a great manager he was. :D

Forest will (re)find their form and their natural level this season. No danger of going down, no danger of going up, solid mid table. To be fair, that's where I see us as well. Shrewd signings, which will undoubtedly improve our team, but I don't see them moving us into the top six, which is the stated aim.

Still, I wouldn't want to be a Forest fan - £70m+ in debt, a worse side than last year and a manager who's questionable in this league and with questionable funds at his disposal - the fact that they're looking at freebies, crocks and fatties doesn't bode well for them.

#5 tomsdubs

tomsdubs

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

Sinking ship, McClaren flew out to offer Moussi a contract and he has hardly jumped on it has he? Tells you a lot about a club. The arrogance and delusion they talk with on their forums is hilarious but i more feel sorry for them, haunted by past glories. You'd have thought the L1 stint would have made them more humble and realistic :rolleyes:

I think they will sign 5 or 6 players before the summer is out but i think Schteve is in for a shock when the season gets underway.

#6 froggg

froggg

• Moderators
  • 14,585 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

going down faster than a cheap ho.......:D

#7 dcfcdavecov

dcfcdavecov

• Banned
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Sinking ship, McClaren flew out to offer Moussi a contract and he has hardly jumped on it has he? Tells you a lot about a club. The arrogance and delusion they talk with on their forums is hilarious but i more feel sorry for them, haunted by past glories. You'd have thought the L1 stint would have made them more humble and realistic :rolleyes:

I think they will sign 5 or 6 players before the summer is out but i think Schteve is in for a shock when the season gets underway.

Moussi didn't even turn up for training yesterday.:eek:

#8 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

Probably at Moor Farm..... ;):D

#9 duncanjwitham

duncanjwitham

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Why should he? He's out of contract. Would you go back and work at your previous job after they've let you go?:confused:

#10 uttoxram75

uttoxram75

• Moderators
  • 12,885 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I reckon Moussi's agent has a prem club lined up for him, Everton p'raps. There's a lot of prem transfer activity to come yet.

#11 dcfcdavecov

dcfcdavecov

• Banned
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

Why should he? He's out of contract. Would you go back and work at your previous job after they've let you go?:confused:

Because Mclaren went all the way to France to get him to sign. Just saying it obviously didn't work.

#12 Daveo

Daveo

• Administrators
  • 35,725 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Or he was sent on a beer run to stock up the concourses for the new season, another cost cutting measure by ND.

#13 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Actually, no need for that.

The whole point of appointing McClown was so that they could exploit his Dutch links to bring in some Amstel.......! :D

#14 Daveo

Daveo

• Administrators
  • 35,725 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hold on, transfer news coming out of the City Ground....another one out the door, Julian Bennett has joined Sheff Wednesday.

http://www.nottingha...2386575,00.html

Down to 5 defenders now, all those students that are on here asking for part time jobs, can any of you defend?

#15 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

They'll be alright, they've got the Brazilian under 19s coming through their ranks haven't they?

#16 rynny

rynny

• Members
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hold on, transfer news coming out of the City Ground....another one out the door, Julian Bennett has joined Sheff Wednesday.

http://www.nottingha...2386575,00.html

Down to 5 defenders now, all those students that are on here asking for part time jobs, can any of you defend?

where's that like button?

#17 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Along with the "P1ss myself laughing" button - although in retrospect, perhaps that would go into overload in this thread!

#18 tomsdubs

tomsdubs

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

All their youths are worth 5million each so i think they will just put all them in the first team ;)

#19 StaffsRam

StaffsRam

• Members +
  • 6,789 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

If that were true then Doughty would be selling them off to recoup some of the £70m+ that they owe him! :D

#20 Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

• Validating
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

Not concerned about bennett going tbh; the guy has played less than 10 games in about 3 years and has never really recovered from the serious injury he had but i wish him the best. Nice guy and good to see forest looking after players when they have a serious injury by saying we would give him a new one year deal if he couldnt get a club and not just telling him to retire though ey boys ;)

As for the moose, he will either sign for a prem club or forest from what i gather; with it looking likely that forest are very close to agreeing a deal.