Addison

The Ram

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't understand some fans. When he first came on the scene so many were talking him up as a brilliant defensive midfielder. He also got a call up to the England U21 squad - that's the same team that people use as a reason why Fielding is so great. Now, after a season where he wasn't expected to kick the ball in anger at all, he's not worth trying to hang on to. We should cash in for a £1m? Why so quick to build them up and knock them down?

I think Addison will come back to his best next season (as long as Nigel can make up his mind where he wants him to play).

I look forward to the next close season when where talking about selling Fielding and Brayford if they're out through injury.

I have always thought Addison was worth waiting for. When fit he's such a commanding force in the middle. He ensures that the impetus of the game is with Derby by breaking up attacks and winning so much in the air. He's still young and needs a full pre-season to be at his best. Once he has his confidence back (and that's so important after a serious injury) he will be a major force again. We let Huddlestone go for next to nothing and what did we get to replace him? Let's not make the same mistake again. Offload Green and Pearson instead.

I have always thought Addison was worth waiting for. When fit he's such a commanding force in the middle. He ensures that the impetus of the game is with Derby by breaking up attacks and winning so much in the air. He's still young and needs a full pre-season to be at his best. Once he has his confidence back (and that's so important after a serious injury) he will be a major force again. We let Huddlestone go for next to nothing and what did we get to replace him? Let's not make the same mistake again. Offload Green and Pearson instead.

the ROI International Paul Green you mean? The same Paul Green that was keeping Manchester Uniteds Darren Gibson out of the team until his injury? yeah that would be clever.......

the ROI International Paul Green you mean? The same Paul Green that was keeping Manchester Uniteds Darren Gibson out of the team until his injury? yeah that would be clever.......

Yes. The guy who can't tackle and repeatedly gives the ball away. ROI's selection problems are not our concern.

A fully fit miles addison is a quality player; dont think its fair to judge him on last season, if he gets a full pre season this year then you will see the best of him nx year i feel. Must say when we played u at pride park, he looked like he had bulked up a bit.

Well, I'm covered either way.

If he stops he's a great prospect, future England CB and captain without a shadow of a doubt.

If he goes to Stoke then he's slow, ponderous, has a turning circle similar to the QE2 and major injury issues.

:D

A fully fit miles addison is a quality player; dont think its fair to judge him on last season, if he gets a full pre season this year then you will see the best of him nx year i feel. Must say when we played u at pride park, he looked like he had bulked up a bit.

Typical of a Forest Fan - Rubbish! Miles is a big, honest, game young lad that turns as quick as the Queen Mary, takes a second or two to find the afterburner and runs head down quite one dimensionally. His ariel threat is undoubted in attack and his ability to hold onto physical space is the same but please dont talk of the lad as "quality" because as much as i love the boy - hes not! Tom Huddleston was clearly quality played out of position - Miles aint!

I was gutted when Green got injured, not because I rate him but because we could have picked up a transfer fee for him in the summer. Have never been a fan myself. He's a trier that's not to be doubted but he just isn't really that good.

So Huddlestone was a big loss. At the time though there were fans saying stuff like 'cash in now, he's too lightweight and can't head. Yeah sure he can hit a long pass but that's it, his shots never go in'. Now with Addison it's 'cash in now, he's big and slow. Sure he can tackle but he can't pass very well'. I think some of our fans would have shot down Messi if he was here because he was too lightweight and too much of a luxury for this division. (if anyone says 'how can you compare Addison to Messi I may track you down and beat you, I'm not comparing the two).

Also he's a young lad. If we're giving Theo 'bounce off the shin in random direction' Robinson a chance as he's young and still learning then why is Addison different? You stick him in front of the back four with the simple instruction of 'break up the play and play it simple' and we'll have a great defensive player on our hands.

If he's sold I'll be livid.

i am in two minds about Addison, his maneuverability is a massive problem for me, even in defensive midfield it could turn out to be a problem and his passing is really poor. However he is young and his maneuverability will have been affected last year due to his injury as he was faster before, but was he as big? i think he could make a cracking center back in this division though, a darren moore type figure to come and turn strikes into dust. I think we should keep him as long as we can give him regular first team football, if we can't then let stoke have him or someone else so he can play regularly and fulfill his potential. I would want around 1 million with a couple of generous clauses in their though.

Typical of a Forest Fan - Rubbish! Miles is a big, honest, game young lad that turns as quick as the Queen Mary, takes a second or two to find the afterburner and runs head down quite one dimensionally. His ariel threat is undoubted in attack and his ability to hold onto physical space is the same but please dont talk of the lad as "quality" because as much as i love the boy - hes not! Tom Huddleston was clearly quality played out of position - Miles aint!

I think your 2 sentence critique that has labled Addison as a labouring one-dimensional hulk with a heart is a trifle premature. He missed the later half of 2009/2010 and the majority of 2010/2011 was rehabilitation (even the period when he was getting game time). He was brought back in at a time when we needed a morale boost and a physical presence and anyone who has written this guy off based on his last few months contribution must be forgetting the regard he was held in before he came back and the way that he played before his injury - when he first appeared at the side of the pitch ready to come on as sub for his comeback the crowd nearly lifted the roof off. I think this is the clearest sign of recognition of his prior endeavours.

Give him a full pre-season and then judge him after 12-15 games. I think the most sensible comment on this thread so far has come from the man in red.

It is interesting to see where people see his future position.

I personally see him as a centre half. Maybe playing the odd game breaking up play in the midfield where we are up against a better team.

It isn't his passing which makes me think he isn't a midfielder (he can always play it simple to another player); it's the fact that he is uncomfortable in possession. A midfielder who you can't pass the ball to in tight situations is like playing with 10 men when you are in possession.

Problem with him being a CB is I dot see enough composure between him and Barker. I think Barker needs a composed CB who is comfortable on the ball (remember Stimac who loved to have the ball and he was paired with Yates. Yates came out in a press conference saying he'd asked Stimac why he passed him the ball rather than getting it clear and not to do it anymore). I digress.

So Barker with someone who doesn't mind the ball at his feet would be a good pairing. Put Addison in front of that and you have a nice defensive 3. Addison in front also allows the full backs more freedom to push forward, safe in the knowledge that there's three people (one who's the size of two people) back there if the go up. Put Bailey Nd another CM in front of Addison who can pass and start the play. Two wide attackers such as Ward and Cywka and a good front man. In my eyes it looks like the start of a good team.

Fielding

Brayford - Barker - CB - LB

Addison

Bailey - CM

Cwyka - Ward

ST

Not too shabby. Obviously the Cywka (can never remember if it Cwyka or Cywka) and Ward positions are up for grabs should we sign other options.

Problem with him being a CB is I dot see enough composure between him and Barker. I think Barker needs a composed CB who is comfortable on the ball (remember Stimac who loved to have the ball and he was paired with Yates. Yates came out in a press conference saying he'd asked Stimac why he passed him the ball rather than getting it clear and not to do it anymore). I digress.

So Barker with someone who doesn't mind the ball at his feet would be a good pairing. Put Addison in front of that and you have a nice defensive 3. Addison in front also allows the full backs more freedom to push forward, safe in the knowledge that there's three people (one who's the size of two people) back there if the go up. Put Bailey Nd another CM in front of Addison who can pass and start the play. Two wide attackers such as Ward and Cywka and a good front man. In my eyes it looks like the start of a good team.

Fielding

Brayford - Barker - CB - LB

Addison

Bailey - CM

Cwyka - Ward

ST

Not too shabby. Obviously the Cywka (can never remember if it Cwyka or Cywka) and Ward positions are up for grabs should we sign other options.

Im sorry but in that postion where you have addison they still get a lot of the ball and start a lot of the midfield play and addison has shown his weakness is his passing. The way your saying it he will be totally used as a stopper nothing else, well isnt that the two centre halfs job? The great holding players of modern times, makale, viera, etc while were great defensivley could still use the ball very well. Derry for QPR while he sat there he was still teh player getting the ball of the back 4 and linking in to the players who could play

Archived