Addison

The Ram

I have changed my view of last season, we did very well considering, because none of the players played badly, it was simply because they where unfit, and where only playing to help the club out :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

Maybe if you could be arsed to actually read the press at the time, he was unfit, he needed screw taking out of his foot and should not have been playing at all but was being played out of necessity, similarly to Barker . When he came back from having the screws out there was no chance of him being fit for the rest of season. Why can't you just accept that players can't be operated on one week and then be back to their top form/ fitness the next?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't like to see him go to be honest, I don't think it'd dint any of our plans as I doubt he was automatic first choice anyway.. but I'd like to see him stay and try and get into the first team, where ever he goes he'll always be a favourite of mine, he isn't blessed with brilliant technique but by golly he is a big boy, I remember what he did to Wes Morgan down here.. destroyed him.

also he pulls some adorable faces..

http://i.thisis.co.uk/275564/article/images/2576517/1748042-vlargehttp://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00230/addison_230579s

Maybe if you could be arsed to actually read the press at the time, he was unfit, he needed screw taking out of his foot and should not have been playing at all but was being played out of necessity, similarly to Barker . When he came back from having the screws out there was no chance of him being fit for the rest of season. Why can't you just accept that players can't be operated on one week and then be back to their top form/ fitness the next?

When you remove the screws it does not cause any pain, or put your fitness back, they take them out simply because they are needed no more, they have done the job.

It was MONTHS since his operation

A fully fit miles addison is a quality player; dont think its fair to judge him on last season, if he gets a full pre season this year then you will see the best of him nx year i feel. Must say when we played u at pride park, he looked like he had bulked up a bit.

When you remove the screws it does not cause any pain, or put your fitness back, they take them out simply because they are needed no more, they have done the job.

It was MONTHS since his operation

Oh, my mistake so I suppose he was was fully fit when he was played for a couple of games with screws in his foot? And I suppose the day after he had them taken out he was out there on the training pitch running around like he hadn't just had an operation and a year out of football was he? It takes MONTHS ,as you delightfully put it, to get fit again, it wasn't an effing groin strain was it?

A fully fit miles addison is a quality player; dont think its fair to judge him on last season, if he gets a full pre season this year then you will see the best of him nx year i feel. Must say when we played u at pride park, he looked like he had bulked up a bit.

I think you're right on all counts.

The question is whether or not he will ever return to the level of fitness required. If he does then it will almost be like having a new signing.

Oh, my mistake so I suppose he was was fully fit when he was played for a couple of games with screws in his foot? And I suppose the day after he had them taken out he was out there on the training pitch running around like he hadn't just had an operation and a year out of football was he? It takes MONTHS ,as you delightfully put it, to get fit again, it wasn't an effing groin strain was it?

Why not, people play sport and perform perfectly with plates and screws in all the time, do you think Addison is unique

Why not, people play sport and perform perfectly with plates and screws in all the time, do you think Addison is unique

Did he look fit when he played with screws in his foot? Or did he look like someone who hadn't played football for a long time due to an operation? I am not saying that people can't play sport with screws in their foot. I am saying that they still need to build up the fitness following the operation that put the screws in their foot, jesus.

Did he look fit when he played with screws in his foot? Or did he look like someone who hadn't played football for a long time due to an operation? I am not saying that people can't play sport with screws in their foot. I am saying that they still need to build up the fitness following the operation that put the screws in their foot, jesus.

So how long was it from having the operation to him playing, and did he get any better as the season went on ?.

I have nothing against Addison, or any player, well maybe one or two, I just say it as I see it, and all your strewth`s, and Jesus`s, and telling me I can not read will make no difference;)

[sIZE=12px]So what exactly were you trying to be , obnoxious maybe .[/sIZE]

Can somebody tell me if that's the correct useage of the word "were"?

I think it was are to be absolutely correct, but we're just being picky with that mi thinks eh..!!

So how long was it from having the operation to him playing, and did he get any better as the season went on ?.

I have nothing against Addison, or any player, well maybe one or two, I just say it as I see it, and all your strewth`s, and Jesus`s, and telling me I can not read will make no difference;)

I didn't say that you cannot read, I said that you couldn't be arsed to read- actually that and the fact I have never used the word "strewth" before probably does mean you can't read. I am going to say it once more. He was expected to miss the whole season through injury, he made better progress than first thought and was included in a few games as we had many more injuries and we were down to the bare bones. He was not fit at any stage of the season, no he did not get better as the season went on because he didn't play many games because other players came back from injury or brought in on loan. He couldn't train because of his injury. He was played out of necessity. He was not meant to be playing. He was a season long write off before his operation.

Im confused here. Are people saying that after a long lay-off he should have been back up and running and have the same fitness as he did before an operation that kept him out for the best part of a year? This isn't like playing footy at your local pub team, there's a reason they train during the week and have an intensive pre-season training regime. How about everyone give the kid a chance to come back from the injury before writing him off.

I didn't say that you cannot read, I said that you couldn't be arsed to read- actually that and the fact I have never used the word "strewth" before probably does mean you can't read. I am going to say it once more. He was expected to miss the whole season through injury, he made better progress than first thought and was included in a few games as we had many more injuries and we were down to the bare bones. He was not fit at any stage of the season, no he did not get better as the season went on because he didn't play many games because other players came back from injury or brought in on loan. He couldn't train because of his injury. He was played out of necessity. He was not meant to be playing. He was a season long write off before his operation.

He was at first deemed to want the whole season to recover, but this was first revised to January, and he was even ready for a reserve game in October, he was not played out of necessity, he may have played before being match tuned, but he WAS fit.

Sorry, I'm trying to follow what the discussion is here and I have to say "Smiffy, what's your point?"

First of all you're saying Addison was fit last season and it was just that he was crap, now you're saying he was supposed to be out all season but came back early and this means he was fit (I presume you don't mean for all season).

I remember Addison was either due to play a game in October or in fact did play a game before he had the screws removed as Clough didn't want him to completely lose his touch, I also remember it being reported that his foot was sore but that he could play. The lad recovered much quicker than expected but didn't play much of a part in the run-in to the end of the season - doesn't make him crap in my book just probably not ready.

Back to the reason for the thread - I think it would be a shame if he went before we got a better taste of what he could deliver in the new squad.

Addison can still do a lot for this club. He just needs time to stay healthy and practice well. I just hope that our staff is up to the task. There have been loads of players, and not just in football that have become better players after serious or long time injurys. We should stick by him now, he can help this team with gaining promotion.

For me Addison is a bit of a lump, he is strong and powerful but he isn't a good footballer, his passing is woefull, even the short ones. He could make a centre half in the Darren Moore mould. He looked ok in jewells run around lot midfield where the ball got lumped over him as did green but he can't play there if we plan to actually play a passing game

Archived