Adam Rooney - Inverness Caley Thistle

Chris Peduck

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Porter did well in the Scottish non leagues.

Porter would have done well in the champ if he didn't inexplicably have the hips of an 80 year old! Nothing wrong with Ports quality in my eyes, could have been a big player for us.

Derby County boss Nigel Clough had a scout watch Caley Jags striker Adam Rooney during last week's final SPL match of the season.

Clough's main target is Leicester striker Martyn Waghorn, but if that fails he is likely to raid ICT for Rooney or Aberdeen for Chris Maguire.

There are also strong rumours linking Derby to Kilmarnock captain Craig Bryson, further increasing the likelihood of a player making the move from the SPL to Pride Park.

Former Stoke City player Rooney, 23, has been in sparkling form during the most recent season, scoring 22 goals.

Rooney's contract expired when the SPL season finished last week and although Caley Jags gaffer Terry Butcher is desperate to keep him it may be time for him to move back for a second shot at English football.

Rooney said: "I came up here to progress my career and I have done that, now I have to sit down and decide what my next move is.

"I will speak to my agent and see what my options are."

http://www.invernesscaledonianthistle-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/derby_target_rooney_679262/index.shtml

I got told by a few that have watched him, that he is a goalscorer.. and will do it at any level you put him at, as long as you can create the chances for him to put away.

recently come into his own, 26 goals last year and 22 goals this season.. not a bad record, still only 23. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Derby shirt, I've never seen him play at all.. although I vaguely remember him being in the stoke team, years ago though.

Probably waiting to see what happens with Maguire.

Personally, out of the two of them I'd have thought Rooney a better shout. More goals, and available on a free.

Completely different types of player.. it's a case of Hulse and Commons. Just basically going on what i've heard, Maguire is a Commons type player and Rooney is a hulse type player. They could even be a good partnership together, although I'd want someone a bit more proven as the main striker.

Completely different types of player.. it's a case of Hulse and Commons. Just basically going on what i've heard, Maguire is a Commons type player and Rooney is a hulse type player. They could even be a good partnership together, although I'd want someone a bit more proven as the main striker.

I too think these two could play well together , but if i was pushed for just one i would want Rooney, its all well and done creating the chances but if you ain't got the bloke to stick 'um in the net then its not worth owt.

We need a goal scorer and this guy could just be what we have been looking for, at least he knows were the goal is unlike Robinson.

I would be more excited at the prospect of Rooney than Waghorn simply based on what I have read but I doubt it is a straight choice between the two. At this point I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it has gone quiet on this one as I think that has more to do with the recent publicity around Maguire giving the journalists something to write about rather than them speculating about every player our scouts and management team have watched. Such speculation is our job and we do it rather well - hands off journos!

my Hibs mates are convinced he is going there but judging by his interviews he wants a move to england. still hoping he comes here.

The same delusional hibs fan that think Le Fondre is joining. Hibs cannot compete with championship sides in any aspects.

The same delusional hibs fan that think Le Fondre is joining. Hibs cannot compete with championship sides in any aspects.

eeeerrrr..... no. i haven't heard any of them talking about le fondre. but "delusional" and "hibs fans" seem to fit so perfectly in a sentance together.

• 2 weeks later...

i think clough will try to sign them both, id like him to try and get both, but if i had to choose, id choose rooney, as we already have a player similar to tyson (robinson).

but im happy with either of them

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have confirmed that striker Adam Rooney is in talks with a number of English clubs.

The 23-year-old is a free agent and Inverness are hoping he will agree to stay for at least another 12 months in the Highlands.

Inverness are now waiting to see whether the former Stoke man will agree to move back to England or not.

"Adam is talking to clubs down south, but he has made it clear that if he can't agree anything then he would be quite keen to come back and sign for us," said Inverness assistant manager Maurice Malpas.

"Adam is looking for certain things, not financially, but professionally, from these clubs, so we are leaving the door open for him if nothing happens in England.

"It's within his rights to speak to clubs, but Adam has been very professional by keeping us informed of what's happening.

"I don't know who he has spoken to or anything like that, but I would imagine it would be clubs in the Championship or at the top end of League One.

"From our perspective, however, the good thing is that he hasn't blown us out the water."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 82,00.html

Archived