The most hated family in America

WorksopRam

Could never understand religion, maybe as my family are not religious at all. I don't wish to offend anyone with what I say, if it works for you then great but I just don't understand any of it. I've never read the bible nor do I intend to.

Take praying for example, I mean do they really believe that some bearded chap is sat up in the clouds listening to them? it reminds me being a kid, how did I not realise it's not possible that one man at Christmas goes down every chimney of every kids house across the world. It's just not possible at all.

I have my beliefs on certain things like gay's but that's nothing to do with the bible or religion, I just don't think it's right that 2 men sexually interact but I'm not a gaybasher and I wouldn't dream of picketing a funeral of a gay person. Who am I to go round and preach to people and make them believe what I do.

Death, how is there a heaven and hell? times I wish I had something to hold on to that this isn't it, but in reality it is, once the lights go out it's time up. You won't be floating round the clouds, perving in Cheryl Cole's underwear draw or in a ball of flames with little red dudes with horns.

Whilst I'm on this planet I'm going to eat well, drink well and try and have sex as much as she allows. When I die if I was wrong all along and I end up facing eternity with those little red dudes with horns, then I'll probably have a little cry to myself and say you idiot and try and picture Cheryl Cole's underwear.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could never understand religion, maybe as my family are not religious at all. I don't wish to offend anyone with what I say, if it works for you then great but I just don't understand any of it. I've never read the bible nor do I intend to.

Take praying for example, I mean do they really believe that some bearded chap is sat up in the clouds listening to them? it reminds me being a kid, how did I not realise it's not possible that one man at Christmas goes down every chimney of every kids house across the world. It's just not possible at all.

I have my beliefs on certain things like gay's but that's nothing to do with the bible or religion, I just don't think it's right that 2 men sexually interact but I'm not a gaybasher and I wouldn't dream of picketing a funeral of a gay person. Who am I to go round and preach to people and make them believe what I do.

Death, how is there a heaven and hell? times I wish I had something to hold on to that this isn't it, but in reality it is, once the lights go out it's time up. You won't be floating round the clouds, perving in Cheryl Cole's underwear draw or in a ball of flames with little red dudes with horns.

Whilst I'm on this planet I'm going to eat well, drink well and try and have sex as much as she allows. When I die if I was wrong all along and I end up facing eternity with those little red dudes with horns, then I'll probably have a little cry to myself and say you idiot and try and picture Cheryl Cole's underwear.

One of my best mates is a lesbian. Good looking, dresses like any straight girl....My point is, do you find Lesbians equally as wrong as gay men?

My answer is that i find my best mate completely acceptable, but gay men not so much. I think that makes me a hypocrite, but that's how i roll.

Well if you had got it dreadfully wrong and you'd lived a life that was wholesome and good (do unto others as you would have them do unto yourself etc etc....) I'm not religious but think that this is a good starting point in life..... you may well end up in that nicker draw afterall:D

One of my best mates is a lesbian. Good looking, dresses like any straight girl....My point is, do you find Lesbians equally as wrong as gay men?

My answer is that i find my best mate completely acceptable, but gay men not so much. I think that makes me a hypocrite, but that's how i roll.

Lesbians are just as wrong as Gay men.

My missus has 2 brothers and 1 sister, 1 brother is gay and overly gay, skinny jeans, pumps, cardigans, shirt buttons done up to the top. Her sister is a lesbian, she has a partner and almost a couple years ago she slept with a mate so they could have a kid. The poor kid has just had it's first birthday.

I call it a "poor kid" as I feel sorry for it having 2 female parents, the kid is a cracker, proper cute and everything but I believe that it should be brought up with a male and female parent. Again nothing to do with the bible and Adam and Eve, it's just one of those rights and wrongs I blieve in.

I can't really explain why I feel that way, the same way I couldn't tell you why I enjoy eating chips.

Fair points. I should know better to not to get into arguments with religious people, afterall they never see sense.

That was an unfair comment in hindsight and I apologise. I realise I should keep my opinions to myself on issues like this. I also accept it's not my place to tell people what and what not to believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

The above says it all about religion for me, if i was to say i believed that we were controlled by a shoe that lived in the core of the earth everyone would think im mad, yet it has just as much creditability as being controlled by a bearded man in the sky. It's funny to think that a few people thousands of year ago wrote a book for a bit of a laugh but have conned millions of people into living their life by it.

Lesbians are just as wrong as Gay men.

My missus has 2 brothers and 1 sister, 1 brother is gay and overly gay, skinny jeans, pumps, cardigans, shirt buttons done up to the top. Her sister is a lesbian, she has a partner and almost a couple years ago she slept with a mate so they could have a kid. The poor kid has just had it's first birthday.

I call it a "poor kid" as I feel sorry for it having 2 female parents, the kid is a cracker, proper cute and everything but I believe that it should be brought up with a male and female parent. Again nothing to do with the bible and Adam and Eve, it's just one of those rights and wrongs I blieve in.

I can't really explain why I feel that way, the same way I couldn't tell you why I enjoy eating chips.

Top marks for saying what you feel, not many do on this. I only asked because i'm a bit unclear on what i actually think.

My best mates a lesbian (ok not a typical one, but a lesbian she is)

But i feel really, erm, different about gay men.

Thought maybe you would say something like "yeah i don't mind lesbians" or something like that....but your response has made me feel more hypocritical than before. :frown::D

Top marks for saying what you feel, not many do on this. I only asked because i'm a bit unclear on what i actually think.

My best mates a lesbian (ok not a typical one, but a lesbian she is)

But i feel really, erm, different about gay men.

Thought maybe you would say something like "yeah i don't mind lesbians" or something like that....but your response has made me feel more hypocritical than before. :frown::D

I'll always be open about it if anyone asks, I've never said it to them both as why should it matter what I think about what they get up to, if they did ever ask I'd tell them the same as I told you. I still speak to them fine, I won't get nervous and go all bums against the wall if I'm left in a room with her brother and all that stuff.

Me and the missus talk about them every now and again, her mum's apparently dissapointed in her sister but again what can you do if they choose to live they're lives like that.

Despite my feelings on gay/lesbian's that cult on Louis Theroux the other night was disgusting, I watched the first one when it came out and couldn't believe what I was watching.

I don't know if you can blame religion as such tho, yes without the bible you could say they wouldn't exsist but I'm sure it would be replaced with something else that would be equally as powerful.

Religion will never go away and new churches/cults will form over the next billions of years, just need to accept each others beliefs and not force yours on other people.

It's funny to think that a few people thousands of year ago wrote a book for a bit of a laugh but have conned millions of people into living their life by it.

are you that close minded to think that you must be right and that there is no chance that millions of people are right, even if we're not, who are you to say otherwise. You clearly don't understand religion so stay out of it

So you think it's alright for these American nut jobs to believe what they do? As said before, they are following the true word of god and arent just picking and choosing what is said in the bible to fit their beliefs.

Yes I do, they can think what they want, it's up to them not me. How do you know that there the "nut jobs", and your not. Everything thinks what they believe is right, doesn't mean you can just dismiss others as nut jobs

I can't believe sone of the stuff I'm reading here. Absolutely ludicrous.

I'm not gonna get involved, because it'll probably result in a ban, or me crying.

you can just decide that freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore, purely because you don't like what there saying but I agree with their rights to believe what they want

are you that close minded to think that you must be right and that there is no chance that millions of people are right, even if we're not, who are you to say otherwise. You clearly don't understand religion so stay out of it

You've stated you believe the bible is fact so you're equally close minded to admit that you may be wrong. The contradictions and lack of any conclusive evidence support the case of religion being bullsh*t more than it being true. It's true that until we die we wont know, but anyone can up what they like and it's got just as much chance of being true than religious scripts.

you can just decide that freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore, purely because you don't like what there saying but I agree with their rights to believe what they want

Freedom of speech shouldn't extend to be allowed to protest at another human beings funeral, that's just totally wrong.

Freedom of speech shouldn't extend to be allowed to protest at another human beings funeral, that's just totally wrong.

Maybe not, but it obviously does. To be honest I don't see why they feel the need to save people, they have their beliefs and I except though but I don't like them forcing those beliefs on 'earth dwellers'

Some would say it's even more wrong that you don't agree with gays.

Funny old world.

I don't agree with alot of things but I don't force those opinions on others and I don't tell them what they should and shouldn't do. Some people will have similar feelings to me I'm sure, others will totally disagree, that's life.

If/when I have kids and they turned out to be gay I would still love them just as much as I would if they were straight. It won't change my opinion on man/man woman/woman relationships.

I don't agree with alot of things but I don't force those opinions on others and I don't tell them what they should and shouldn't do. Some people will have similar feelings to me I'm sure, others will totally disagree, that's life.

If/when I have kids and they turned out to be gay I would still love them just as much as I would if they were straight. It won't change my opinion on man/man woman/woman relationships.

Personally, I think it's unfair on children aswell who have same-sex parents. Not gonna be a balanced upbringing.

That bring said, I have no issues with gays in general.

Archived