Would you pay for Facebook?

David

Just seen on my homepage a group against paying for Facebook, had a little nosey in there and it has over 1 million members. Apparently if Facebook is sold new owners will want to charge users a monthly fee to use Facebook. I searched in Google and theres quite a few sites running articles at the backend of last year on the subject Facebook are looking to charge people.

So would you pay to use Facebook?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dread to think how many hours that have gone into creating all those fanpages be a shame if he had to start paying for them tho. The figures that are being mentioned are £2pm, it's not exactly bank breaking although everyone will migrate to Bebo or Myspace. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest to be honest I can live without Facebook.

Originally posted by David;6193

I dread to think how many hours that have gone into creating all those fanpages be a shame if he had to start paying for them tho. The figures that are being mentioned are £2pm, it's not exactly bank breaking although everyone will migrate to Bebo or Myspace. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest to be honest I can live without Facebook.

Although I agree it's not alot, some people cannot even afford a loaf of bread, or a pint of milk. I'm not being funny but everyone is putting their prices up, and now FB are on about making people pay, it's kicking our country when they are down, and i tell you, this would kill a LARGE portion of facebooks usage.

All those who only use it once a week - gone.

All those who only use it when bored - gone.

All those who just refuse to pay - gone.

I think they'll lose ATLEAST half of their current users if they do.

Originally posted by Thornhill;6197

Although I agree it's not alot, some people cannot even afford a loaf of bread, or a pint of milk. I'm not being funny but everyone is putting their prices up, and now FB are on about making people pay, it's kicking our country when they are down, and i tell you, this would kill a LARGE portion of facebooks usage.

All those who only use it once a week - gone.

All those who only use it when bored - gone.

All those who just refuse to pay - gone.

I think they'll lose ATLEAST half of their current users if they do.

Is Facebook not an American company? I doubt they give a flying bleep about the credit crunch.

I think these groups are fake and make rumours to get loads of members.

If Facebook did charged, then pardon my french they can get *****. They already are funded by tacky adverts.

I think MySpace was better then everyone ran off to Facebook. I'm thinking of moving back to MySpace. I want coloured profiles that you can edit yourself, much more fun.

Archived