Adam Le Fondre

David

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The £3m price tag was a flippant remark based on the crazy transfers being paid for lower league players viz Hooper to Celtic for over £2m. The board at Rotherham, with whom I have very close links on both a professional and personal level, value Adam as a prize asset. He is a genuine smashing fella who gives 100% every game, similar to a Barker type player (and maybe a Barker type fee eh....!!!)

Adam's contract is fast approaching it's end and The Millers don't want to lose value by delaying his transfer beyond January. As for the fee, somewhere in the £1.25m to £1.5m rising to £1.75m to £2m based on appearances is probably closer to the mark.

My nephew is signed to Rotherham and Adam is his first team mentor and he has certainly helped develop my nephews game. Top bloke in my opinion based on the numerous times I have met him.

• 4 weeks later...

Le Fondre was interviewed on the Championship programme last night. He came across very well. Confident but modest, intelligent and dedicated.

Not watched him enough to know if he's strong enough to play lone striker in the Championship.

Its strange but we don't need a prolific scorer as such. The way we are playing we need someone who can make a nuisance of himself, pressuring defenders allowing space for the attacking midfielders (and fullbacks!) to burst through.

Its a nice problem to have in a way not being desperate for a goalscorer.

Its more important that we get someone in who suits the team and current tactics.

Its strange but we don't need a prolific scorer as such. The way we are playing we need someone who can make a nuisance of himself, pressuring defenders allowing space for the attacking midfielders (and fullbacks!) to burst through.

Its a nice problem to have in a way not being desperate for a goalscorer.

Its more important that we get someone in who suits the team and current tactics.

Is it wrong to buy Kuqi at his age? Certainly would make it look like selling Hulse was a mistake if we were to go and buy a player like Kuqi who'd probably cost just under the same amount and be older. He's ideal though. It's a shame Hulse's contract ran out this summer. It's a shame Kuqi isn't here to stay on a free. It probably a shame there isn't a fella at Luton Town who's in his late twenties called Steve Howard who we can grab. Hope Nigel and co have their spies out. How old is Alan Lee? Bet he's old too now.

Saying that, it wont happen with Kuqi. He's a loan only. Be handy if Porter and Davies could get fit and stay fit long enough for us to have a look at them. Especially Porter. Think a lot of us give him a hard time about his strength, first touch and speed but they'd no doubt improve if he could string games together. Here's to hoping he ever plays again at all for anyone. :)

Is it wrong to buy Kuqi at his age? Certainly would make it look like selling Hulse was a mistake if we were to go and buy a player like Kuqi who'd probably cost just under the same amount and be older. He's ideal though. It's a shame Hulse's contract ran out this summer. It's a shame Kuqi isn't here to stay on a free. It probably a shame there isn't a fella at Luton Town who's in his late twenties called Steve Howard who we can grab. Hope Nigel and co have their spies out. How old is Alan Lee? Bet he's old too now.

Saying that, it wont happen with Kuqi. He's a loan only. Be handy if Porter and Davies could get fit and stay fit long enough for us to have a look at them. Especially Porter. Think a lot of us give him a hard time about his strength, first touch and speed but they'd no doubt improve if he could string games together. Here's to hoping he ever plays again at all for anyone. :)

Porter's actually got a fair bit of speed, he scored a goal when we signed him where he burst through the oppo to finish nicely, but with so long on the sidelines he's naturally got a bit slower

Le Fondre would be a great signing IMO. In this formation we need someone hard-working, pacey and who can poach and finish moves off, ALF seems to have all the right attributes. Him and a good holding mid would really add to the team.

I think we can write this one off, 13 goals in 15 games is going to attract alot of interest, not just from Championship clubs, from lower Prem clubs as well. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go to someone like WBA, Wolves or even Birmingham for a bigger fee than Hooper.

• 3 weeks later...

Doubt it:confused:

Let's get real on this one eh, Adam is a League 1 player who may do well in a higher league. WBA loan out proven strikers at this level and Adam aspires to make a step up. The question is are non footballing people talking up Adams value beyond a realistic £1.5m.

Adam is a great guy, but let's take a reality check on the silly valuations being placed on him:)

He had a shocking game last night at Bootham Crescent for the record.

• 4 weeks later...

He's having a cracking season so far!

16 goals in 19 games!

He reminds me of a good Kuqi; Kuqi's qualities with added finishing skills.

Like a mix of Kuqi and Moore.

18 months left on his contract. I'd say we could get him for about £1m max. in January, if theres no competition.

He's having a cracking season so far!

16 goals in 19 games!

He reminds me of a good Kuqi; Kuqi's qualities with added finishing skills.

Like a mix of Kuqi and Moore.

18 months left on his contract. I'd say we could get him for about £1m max. in January, if theres no competition.

Rotherham are touting their highest valued player and interest will be great. The deal needs to be done before the duration left on his contract reduces his market valuation. Our own Nige has been to see him a few times.

I have both family and business ties with Adam and the Millers, so I'm watching this one with interest.

I would guess from a Derby perspective that we do need to do the deal in January otherwise the lower transfer fee will result in higher wage demands, potentially falling out of what we are prepared to offer.

I think Derby will probably look elsewhere though at the sort of valuation being placed on Adam.

Archived