Adam Le Fondre

David

Adam Le Fondre's agent has dismissed reports that Derby County or Leicester City have agreed a deal for the Rotherham United striker.

The 23-year-old scored 30 goals for the Millers last season after his arrival from Rochdale and has been linked with a summer move following the club's failure to win promotion from League Two.

Upon joining Rotherham, there was a verbal agreement that Le Fondre could go if a Championship club made an offer, but his representative Jesse Learoyd-Hill says there have been no bids.

Millers boss Ronnie Moore has recently stressed the prolific front man is not for sale, although Le Fondre is expected to attract plenty of interest over the summer.

Delighted

Learoyd-Hill told skysports.com: "Contrary to speculation there is no truth that Derby or Leicester have agreed a deal to sign Adam.

"We did have an agreement with Rotherham when Adam signed and I am sure I would have heard from them if someone had made a genuine offer.

"Frankly, in the current climate, some of the figures bandied about are laughable, at best.

"I was delighted to hear the manager say he had not had a phone call prior to the play-off final, I would have thought it insensitive to disturb a team's preparations before such an important game.

"Alfie is a young English striker who consistently scores goals and, having scored 30 goals last season, there are bound to be clubs interested in his services.

"If there is anything that transpires that benefits all parties I am sure our agreement will be honoured."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6192908,00.html

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I reckon his price tag might have just risen a bit.

Anyway, who wants to sign a lower league player? Better off looking for a proven goalscorer (not too old) from a good league.

I think we need Walcott.

Why not go for Drogba as well and we can really go for it

Archived