Chris Martin

GerryDaly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well, he'll come back worth less money than he was in August so that's why loaning him out was possibly the most stupid transfer decision since... er, anyone? There's flops and then there's gambles. Then there's this stupid loan

Anyway, what bugs me about the Martin debate is that it always seems to be based on him walking straight back into the starting 11 to play upfront on his own.

Imagine this, Martin, our x3 season top scorer, the x2 20 goal striker we used to dream of is actually worthy of a place in our entire squad. Yep! That's right, I'm thinking it's possible he might be quite handy to have in the squad.

I mean it might even be an idea that he could play in another system because he's done it before. Whaaat? Yep, with Grant Holt and Glenn Murray. I know, it didn't even have to be a small speedy striker!!

I saw someone say "Gary Rowett type striker" the other day. A what? Are we signing Clayton Donaldson then? 

I know a lot of people still think you can win football by running really fast. But I promise there's other ways to win at football too. One includes moving the ball fast. It can move faster than anyone can run. Even Nathan Tyson and Theo Robinson with all their pace and power.. and here is where, unbelievably players like Rob Hulse, Chris Martin and Steve Howard somehow can match up to unplayable speed demons. Because they think fast, see fast and have the ability to do something more than run really fast into a dead end.

We have no idea what Rowett will be about. But he needs to be better than what he was at Brum or Burton. Not for me but for all those that scream "Finally a manager with a Plan B" in August and then scream "We need a manager with a plan B!" in January.

We have seen 90 mins of Rowett. For 45 of them we couldn't get near Nottingham Forest. For the other 45 it was the speed of the ball that caught out Forest again and again. And the high press. That doesn't rule out Martin (the fastest football we have played in 15 years came with Martin in the team). Neither does it mean Martin will be walking straight in.

I very much doubt that Rowett will dismiss Martin like some muppets do. He's an option that I'm sure Rowett will take a look at. He's better than Clayton Donaldson. He's scored more Championship goals than Vydra. He's younger than Bent. So he's got a chance hasn't he. 

We know very little about Rowett.

You forgot to add Rasiak into the list of strikers :sleep:

25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes hopefully. He will form a good partnership with Vydra and anyone who can't see how great he is as a footballer doesn't understand (Scottish) football. Zzz

Scottish football ? The same as English football with less talent.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well, he'll come back worth less money than he was in August so that's why loaning him out was possibly the most stupid transfer decision since... er, anyone? There's flops and then there's gambles. Then there's this stupid loan

Anyway, what bugs me about the Martin debate is that it always seems to be based on him walking straight back into the starting 11 to play upfront on his own.

Imagine this, Martin, our x3 season top scorer, the x2 20 goal striker we used to dream of is actually worthy of a place in our entire squad. Yep! That's right, I'm thinking it's possible he might be quite handy to have in the squad.

I mean it might even be an idea that he could play in another system because he's done it before. Whaaat? Yep, with Grant Holt and Glenn Murray. I know, it didn't even have to be a small speedy striker!!

I saw someone say "Gary Rowett type striker" the other day. A what? Are we signing Clayton Donaldson then? 

I know a lot of people still think you can win football by running really fast. But I promise there's other ways to win at football too. One includes moving the ball fast. It can move faster than anyone can run. Even Nathan Tyson and Theo Robinson with all their pace and power.. and here is where, unbelievably players like Rob Hulse, Chris Martin and Steve Howard somehow can match up to unplayable speed demons. Because they think fast, see fast and have the ability to do something more than run really fast into a dead end.

We have no idea what Rowett will be about. But he needs to be better than what he was at Brum or Burton. Not for me but for all those that scream "Finally a manager with a Plan B" in August and then scream "We need a manager with a plan B!" in January.

We have seen 90 mins of Rowett. For 45 of them we couldn't get near Nottingham Forest. For the other 45 it was the speed of the ball that caught out Forest again and again. And the high press. That doesn't rule out Martin (the fastest football we have played in 15 years came with Martin in the team). Neither does it mean Martin will be walking straight in.

I very much doubt that Rowett will dismiss Martin like some muppets do. He's an option that I'm sure Rowett will take a look at. He's better than Clayton Donaldson. He's scored more Championship goals than Vydra. He's younger than Bent. So he's got a chance hasn't he. 

We know very little about Rowett.

Like this post very much ,, the most balanced and sensible summing up of Chris Martin / Gary rowett / Derby county situation I've seen 

2 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Itza democracy on here mate. :p:thumbsup:

Chris Martin kept Scotland in the World Cup last nite .. 

He's a DCFC player ... :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Itza democracy on here mate. :p:thumbsup:

Chris Martin kept Scotland in the World Cup last nite .. 

He's a DCFC player ... :thumbsup:

By the way Gerry ,it's fitba 

Archived