Sheff Wed 3rd Kit

David

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, David said:

Opened it up for design entries from fans, can't say I like the kit but the idea is nice to see. Interestingly in the minutes from the meeting at Derby there's talk of letting fans vote on kit designs

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/third-kit-design...-we-have-a-winner-3640779.aspx

It's a bit unfair that they have an invisible player though. How can you tell if he handballs it?

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Derby did the vote thing years ago. Probably about 20 years ago. A yellow kit was chosen if memory serves. It was pre-internet days though, so the DET was the way to vote.

I believe it was for this kit

s-l225.jpg

3 hours ago, David said:

Opened it up for design entries from fans, can't say I like the kit but the idea is nice to see. Interestingly in the minutes from the meeting at Derby there's talk of letting fans vote on kit designs

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/third-kit-design...-we-have-a-winner-3640779.aspx

Ok, I'll bite. That's ******* horrible.

What were the runners up like?

Last year Doncaster Rovers let fans submit kit designs and there was a furor after the winning away kit turned out to (completely "coincidentally") have been designed by One Direction singer and yaoi fan fiction subject, Louis Tomlinson. How fortunate for the club that they randomly selected a design from a person with the ability to publicize the kit to millions of people.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Last year Doncaster Rovers let fans submit kit designs and there was a furor after the winning away kit turned out to (completely "coincidentally") have been designed by One Direction singer and yaoi fan fiction subject, Louis Tomlinson. How fortunate for the club that they randomly selected a design from a person with the ability to publicize the kit to millions of people.

They have been far better off letting the little tool design all three of their kits and calling it the Louis Tomlinson collection.  Honesty always pays.

A good idea slightly spoilt by the club having the final choice. A better, if slightly long winded, way would be to have a competition to design a kit, the club/kit manufacturers pick a short list of three or four then have a fans' vote to decide the winner.

We supporters don't have much say in the running of our clubs, (probably for the best) and, given that it's us that buy this over-priced tat, something  that has a direct and visual effect like this would at least make us feel slightly involved.

Archived