Shackell out for the season, Blackman possibly & Forsyth update

David

Shackell is the best defender at the club, if he can sort out his back trouble he'd be straight in the eleven. Balls to his wages.

Blackman deserves a proper run in the side too, injuries and countless manager merry go-rounds haven't helped him. Give him a chance 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

At least that was my understanding, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm incorrect!

You are correct. As with any loan, you can only recall a player during the transfer window.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Blackman deserves a proper run in the side too, injuries and countless manager merry go-rounds haven't helped him. Give him a chance 

Even if given more chances, I'd rather not waste more time on him, let someone else discover what a hidden gem he is!

PistoldPete2
24 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Who else has a good leafy back in this division?

Plus we have russell, who is a good leafy option. 

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which players and what's your source?

It seems players wages have doubled as the season has gone on! 

The wendies I know tell me that Hooper and Fletcher are at least 40k and they suspect Rhodes is 50k plus.

They say Rhodes is *****.

I have doubts about a lot of the wage figures bandied about .. Ok so we don't know about CM's new contract or what recent arrivals might have negotiated but we do know the wage bill is circa 20 million. If that is just split between 28 first team squad then the average is 13K per week. Less if Sam Rush and some others are put in the mix.

i take with a large pinch of salt the suggested wages of some players. I'd be very surprised if any are on much more than 25k 

How did Shackell all of a sudden become our best defender again? By not playing? Typical of this forum to exalt non participants. 

Mac upset the apple cart of our defence when he unfairly kept Pearce out after WBA. Shacks is fine at pure defending but his fear of going forward, and his predictable launching of long high risk low reward cross field passes to the right wing became ridiculously tedious.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

How did Shackell all of a sudden become our best defender again? By not playing? Typical of this forum to exalt non participants. 

Mac upset the apple cart of our defence when he unfairly kept Pearce out after WBA. Shacks is fine at pure defending but his fear of going forward, and his predictable launching of long high risk low reward cross field passes to the right wing became ridiculously tedious.

I think you are off slightly with some of your assessment. It is the stand on our right wing the ball normally lands. :ph34r:

Archived