Jagerbombs 'could lead to having a good time for longer', scientists warn

Duracell

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/alcohol-energy-drinks-nights-out-dangerous-jagerbombs-vodka-red-bulls-research-university-of-a7640791.html

Hot off the press from the Independent:

Stimulating effect of caffeine 'encourages people to stay out longer and drink more overall'.

Yeah, so it turns out that adding energy drinks to your alcohol gives you more energy.

Scientists have discovered this could cause side affects usually associated with having more energy.

This includes not going to bed, having trouble sleeping, and feeling more alert. Good we have these scientists to tell us how to live our lives because I can't imagine why anyone would want to have more energy on a night out.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Duracell said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/alcohol-energy-drinks-nights-out-dangerous-jagerbombs-vodka-red-bulls-research-university-of-a7640791.html

Yeah, so it turns out that adding energy drinks to your alcohol gives you more energy.

Scientists have discovered this could cause side affects usually associated with having more energy.

This includes not going to bed, having trouble sleeping, and feeling more alert. Good we have these scientists to tell us how to live our lives because I can't imagine why anyone would want to have more energy on a night out.

I wonder how much this research cost? More stating the bleedin obvious research is needed. 

Maybe there will be a lengthy study at great cost with results announced stating if you go out in the rain you will get wet.

Sticking your head in a lit log fire is bad for your health.

Eating 5 chocolate bars a day could make you fat shock.

7 hours ago, Duracell said:

Was Speed in the 80's, they just found a way to put it in a can and legalise it, bar Canada, and buy a football club and a GP team.

Usually the opposite with me, they make me fall asleep straight away likewise with cider but then again my body is strange, then again that might just be me passing out. My body seems to gain muscle and become thinner after takeaways :blink: It's normal lager that makes me stay wide awake but who drinks lager unless you're 50 years old.

On 24/03/2017 at 07:36, Duracell said:

I guess red bull (other brands are available) helps you stay out longer so you drink more. 

Therefore the medical/UDI repercussion can be attributed to the Red Bull as much as the alcohol, as you are surpassing your bodies natural capacity.

It could also be argued that Red Bull et al are a cunning ploy by the drinks industry as they increase overall drink sales. 

Archived