Rowett minimum expectations for 17/18

David

Rowett Expections  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was the thread I was looking for earlier! It seems a very significant majority wanted the playoffs this season, and that has been achieved. Rowett's league position has only disappointed <8% of the poll. However, only 36% had expectations that didn't see us reaching the playoffs. And I thought you were all largely a miserable pessimistic bunch!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of us would agree that the minimum requirement for the season was a sense of direction, some positive progress & confidence that we could eventually be a premiership team.

Having said that - I bet I voted top 2.

On 22/03/2017 at 16:25, ram1964 said:

Expectations are going to be high,otherwise why bother sacking recent managers who (except Pearce) were keeping the club top half of the table or better.

Continued investmnent throughout the club and MM public desire to get us up creates expectations from the fans,myself included. Where as A few seasons ago competing for play offs ,would have provided myself with some content and feel good factor, unfortunately anything less than playoffs,entertaining football,stuffing florist and breaking transfer deals is just an anticlimax  

Well i got the play offs.

Entertaining football but not as we know it? 

Got the Breaking transfer deal but not necessarily with a player that has proven his worth.

Not over yet though

I voted 7th - 10th (Pearson last season scared me!)

I've been a bit grumpy with the style of football at times this season but the last few games have cheered me up as we can still play good attacking football at times.

Anyway, we've exceeded my expectations so the playoffs are a free hit for me now.

Looking forward to Wembley!!! 

I put 7th - 10th too, so as far as I'm concerned this season has been a success regardless of what happens over the weekend. 

39 minutes ago, David said:

Sure about that? ? 

Not at all, to be honest. It just seems like something I'd do. I thought I did though.

Did I say what I put earlier in the thread? I hide nothing!

47 minutes ago, David said:

Sure about that? ? 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not at all, to be honest. It just seems like something I'd do. I thought I did though.

Did I say what I put earlier in the thread? I hide nothing!

Turns out I put 21st

I was comfortable as long as we didn't get relegated after last season. I stand by that.

The season we've had has raised my expectations and warped my memory. Crazy how that works.

Archived