Holiday Plans 2017

Wolfie

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Was thinking Caen from Portsmouth but nothing planned yet.

If it's just a one-day night stop you might be looking for then the Loire Valley has plenty of options - Tours would be a good one.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Next year we plan to go back to Brugge, probably in the summer. It all depends upon employment. Once I reach 65 I plan to work part-time just to finance holidays and see a bit more of the world.

Been to Bruges just the once but thought it was lovely. Stayed 3 nights on one of the large canal barges which had been converted into a hotel. Would do that again if given the chance.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, sage said:

In that case scrub Dijon. Where are you going to in France? The Basque part?

Was thinking of taking a slow drive down, no rush. Hoping to have at least 2 months garden leave that will cover July and August.. Want to end up in the South of France and then a return to Blighty. Just me and the missus and a slow drive, don't want anything too planned.

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Was thinking of taking a slow drive down, no rush. Hoping to have at least 2 months garden leave that will cover July and August.. Want to end up in the South of France and then a return to Blighty. Just me and the missus and a slow drive, don't want anything too planned.

If you are sailing to Caen I would be tempted to do some of the D-Day stuff before driving south. Limoges is a nice halfway stop en route south. I would recommend the Basque part of France near the Spanish border. The food is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2017 at 21:35, Steve How Hard? said:

What a nightmare, but having quickly read the article it sounds like it might just be ready for when you get there. If not, I'd be demanding a refund.

The holiday company offered us £40 compensation as many advertised features will not be available. Reviews still really patchy, so we can cancelled with a full refund, and have booked with another company for the same week in a different resort.

Not needed a week before departure.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

The holiday company offered us £40 compensation as many advertised features will not be available. Reviews still really patchy, so we can cancelled with a full refund, and have booked with another company for the same week in a different resort.

Not needed a week before departure.

Not ideal to have to cancel and book again but at least you got a full refund. Hope all goes well and you have good one. Sink a few cold ones for me. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Crete next weekend with mother. She's not had a holiday for about 12 years or something so treating her.

Bad news is that I cannot take her on the boat trip to Santorini cos I spent the money in Goldfingers in Prague 2 weeks ago!

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Crete next weekend with mother. She's not had a holiday for about 12 years or something so treating her.

Bad news is that I cannot take her on the boat trip to Santorini cos I spent the money in Goldfingers in Prague 2 weeks ago!

You're going Stalis, I guess?

Take the local bus to Ag. Nik, then another to Elounda and then a few euros for a local boat to Spinalonga.

Really easy to do, and about a quarter of the price of an organised trip.

Get her a copy of The Island, by Victoria Hislop, to read before you go, and you'll be the best son ever!

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Ahh, that's nice of you to bring everyone some jewellery back :ph34r:

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Take the local bus to Ag. Nik, then another to Elounda and then a few euros for a local boat to Spinalonga.

Really easy to do, and about a quarter of the price of an organised trip.

Get her a copy of The Island, by Victoria Hislop, to read before you go, and you'll be the best son ever!

Off to Crete in September and all of that is on the to do list. Can't wait.

Sith Happens

Don't forget from 15th June if you are going away in EU you can use your phones just like you are in UK with no extra charges for calls or data unless you exceed your normal package.

On 6/14/2017 at 11:28, Ghost of Clough said:

Just arrived in a small town near Split, Croatia. Crystal clear sea and great scenery.... But, the beach is stoney! Staying here for the next week before heading up to Bratislava for an extra week.

Also, pints only cost a quid! :wub:

Absolutely loved Split.it was the starting point of the cruise around some Croatian islands that me and the wife did last September.Fabulous holiday, and why we are going back to Makarska this year.Locals around Split are football mad. You never know ,you may bump into Igor or Ace.

On 14/06/2017 at 06:14, Paul71 said:

Don't forget from 15th June if you are going away in EU you can use your phones just like you are in UK with no extra charges for calls or data unless you exceed your normal package.

Not for long...... brexit will see to that.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, froggg said:

Not for long...... brexit will see to that.

Yeah they dont know if it will stay after that. Will be 2067 by the time brexit gone through though.

On 13 June 2017 at 18:46, reveldevil said:

You've made all of those place names up.

Archived