Holiday Plans 2017

Wolfie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vermont end of May to stay a week with a friend of mine from college. Plan on going fishing, hiking, kayaking, etc.

Milwaukee end of June, attending Summerfest for a few days, planning on doing some brewery tours, etc.

I also would like to attend (and stay a couple of days after the match)one of the USMNT World Cup Qualifiers either at Honduras in September or at Trinidad & Tobago in October, hopefully can work it out.

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

End of April: Sofia: Bulgaria for a stag do.

First two weeks of August: Skiathos, Greek Island.

Countless trips to Sutton on Sea to see the parents.....

I lived there in 1966.

33 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Taking the short drive to Nairn in Scotland in May, only 8 hours by car. 

Nairn in May? Going skiing? 

8 hours is going some, Id of put it over 9. 

Lovely bit of the Highlands, and within spitting distance of Inverness, which pound for pound I reckon is the best city in the UK. 

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

I lived there in 1966.

My mum and dad moved there in November. Lovely little place, they've settled well to a slower pace of life. 

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its a place called koutouloufari near hersonissis.

Never been before, but looks like a nice place away from hustle and bustle of the main town.

Did go to malia in my youth but don't remember much about Crete as spent most of my time on the beer.

some of my friend's ashes are scattered at Koutaloufari.

I usually go to a place called Stalis, which is in between Hersonnisos and Malia. Only been 10 times!

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

some of my friend's ashes are scattered at Koutaloufari.

I usually go to a place called Stalis, which is in between Hersonnisos and Malia. Only been 10 times!

Im sure its a decent place then if it was chosen for that.

You must like it there...any tips on where to go? We are having a car for 3 days, want to do a lovely beach one day and get around a bit, want to go to the leper island.

14 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

What have you got planned in Florida?  Been 3 times and love the place.

My in-laws live near Jacksonville, so we've been over there 3 years out of the last 4. Relatively cheap USA holiday for us (though Mrs Wolfie has acquired a taste for flight upgrades!) & they get to spend time with their granddaughter.

We haven't done the Disney thing yet, as the little one is only 4 but no doubt we will in the next couple of years. I don't see the point of spending so much if she's not going to remember it.

Instead, we have the use of the folks' pool & are based about 10 mins away from the lovely quiet Ponte Vedra beach - and the use of a Merc SL while we're there, to explore a bit. Not too shabby.

I want to go to the space centre again this time. We went before but it was when the government had shut down a couple of years ago due to political in-fighting around debt re-financing and a lot of it was shut, so we missed going out to the launch pad & seeing Saturn 5 etc.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Im sure its a decent place then if it was chosen for that.

You must like it there...any tips on where to go? We are having a car for 3 days, want to do a lovely beach one day and get around a bit, want to go to the leper island.

mate, just drive in any direction. Elounda is a nice trip. I also recommend going up the mountain to Moxhos. There are plenty of good little beaches, except in Hersonnisos. Literally the best part is that you can go in any direction.

Some of the boat trips are awesome, Spinalonga (old leper colony) and Dia are quite popular. Agios Nikolaos is a nice place to visit too.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

mate, just drive in any direction. Elounda is a nice trip. I also recommend going up the mountain to Moxhos. There are plenty of good little beaches, except in Hersonnisos. Literally the best part is that you can go in any direction.

Some of the boat trips are awesome, Spinalonga (old leper colony) and Dia are quite popular. Agios Nikolaos is a nice place to visit too.

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Cheers. 

no worries. I've literally just offered to treat my owd dear mother to a week in Stalis in June. She hasn't responded yet. But I'm hopeful some rich old boy takes a shine to her, so I can leave her there! I just want her to be happy.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

no worries. I've literally just offered to treat my owd dear mother to a week in Stalis in June. She hasn't responded yet. But I'm hopeful some rich old boy takes a shine to her, so I can leave her there! I just want her to be happy.

Sounds like shirley valentine 2 :)

Im tempted to take a visit to Malia to see if i remember any of it, it is over 20 years mind since ive been.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Sounds like shirley valentine 2 :)

Im tempted to take a visit to Malia to see if i remember any of it, it is over 20 years mind since ive been.

Malia is good for people watching. I like to go during international tournaments and watch England matches in Malia. England v Wales last year was a cracking atmosphere.

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Malia is good for people watching. I like to go during international tournaments and watch England matches in Malia. England v Wales last year was a cracking atmosphere.

We were in turkey for that game, great atmosphere as you say.

Archived