Karanka sacked

Derbyram1983

Would have been a great appointed. If he had been sacked a week earlier I think he would have been our man. I'd say he would definitely have got us up in two seasons. Not moaning about rowett though as I hope he is successful here. But I'd be more confident with Karanka. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Karanka would have been our man if you like dire football with no goals. People thought Clement was negative, this guy is on a completely different level.

Some people eh lol

I absolutely wouldn't want Karanka here, or any other manager that plays that defensively.  There's no way you can take a team build to nick 1-0 wins and keep it in the Premier league.  You're up against better defenders and better attackers, and those 1-0 wins too easily become 1-1 draws and 0-1 defeats.

23 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I absolutely wouldn't want Karanka here, or any other manager that plays that defensively.  There's no way you can take a team build to nick 1-0 wins and keep it in the Premier league.  You're up against better defenders and better attackers, and those 1-0 wins too easily become 1-1 draws and 0-1 defeats.

He's got an attacking force that's had £51,000,000 spent on it in the last eighteen months and yet they're the lowest scorers in the top SIX TIERS of English football. 

This is absolutely why I wouldn't want promotion at any cost. 

1 minute ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Yes but they are in the premier league. Ok Gary rowett is amazing. I can't see us ever being in the premier league ever again. I'd take it playing boring football. Brighton 3 Derby 0 was a really exciting game from a Derby point of view wasn't it? 

We will be in the Premier League (don't know when but will be soon than later) 

1 minute ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Yes but they are in the premier league. Ok Gary rowett is amazing. I can't see us ever being in the premier league ever again. I'd take it playing boring football. Brighton 3 Derby 0 was a really exciting game from a Derby point of view wasn't it? 

Wow! When you're as old as I am, you'll know that something you never think will happen, very often does, including at DCFC!!! Why the pessimism over not appointing a certain manager, when we've just got a bloke we should be fully supporting!?

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Yes but they are in the premier league. 

When you're watching us churn out 0-0 draw after 0-0 draw would you be thinking "yeah, but at least we're in the Premier League" or "this is boring as ****"?

Archived