Will McClaren be here next season?

Kernow

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We had a decent manager and a long term structured plan - dynasty Mel laughingly called it...he got us top had a lean spell (I think we were 5 points off top?) and he was sacked...shortest long term dynasty in history.

Since then we have been clueless leaping from one disaster to the next. Buying bang average players on decent salaries.

No idea if he will keep Mac - but seriously does anyone really believe that we will suddenly improve and challenge next season if he does stay?

Either way Mel shoulders as much blame as anyone - the buck stops there.

That's what I mean. He said that Clement could be our Alex Ferguson then sacked him the same season. Instant success is needed and I think McClaren may just go for somebody to come and try and provide that instant success.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is he really the first manager to make a tactical mistake?

When got a really unbalanced squad, and McClaren has managed to get them on playoff form since he has come in. What more can you ask for? I mean, seriously?

Thing is if he hadn't have started so well then he'd be having an easier time now - fooking typical entitled fans feeling hard done to!

Hard as it is after watching that tappy tappy, backwards, sideways, tappy, tappy, backwards sideways style of football, sacking your Manager every 5 minutes rarely works. Look at Coventry for example. Four Managers this season and still bottom. Same goes for Notts County. Give Steve a full pre-season, make the required changes, get rid of some of the dross, bring 3 better players in and give him next season and then judge him. For 2 of his 3 seasons he has had to play catch up.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is if he hadn't have started so well then he'd be having an easier time now - fooking typical entitled fans feeling hard done to!

He had a lucky run of games .. catching sides at the right time .. naff sides at that .. 

All the big games he loses ... 

We were in the playoffs due to that lucky run but he blew it ... again. 

What is it with you and Steve ? You related ? 

Sky pundit just went In on his assessment of Derby. Players body language nothing short of disgusting, no willingness, no effort, predictable etc! 

I hope Mel is willing to take a big loss on the money we've wasted to move some of these players out, a reported £40mil spent and were so much worse than we were in Macs first spell. I don't envy him having to sort the mess. 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Sky pundit just went In on his assessment of Derby. Players body language nothing short of disgusting, no willingness, no effort, predictable etc! 

I hope Mel is willing to take a big loss on the money we've wasted to move some of these players out, a reported £40mil spent and were so much worse than we were in Macs first spell. I don't envy him having to sort the mess. 

Summed it up perfect.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Rubbish. Fire someone who hasn't had time to build their own team? What changes would you would have made that would have improved it?

You're right he hasn't been given the time to build his own team, but it's my opinion that if he does we still won't get promoted. Improvements would be Hughes starting, Anya playing with vydra in the hole for a start. The starting 11 was dire, not suited at all to the system and It didn't need to be the way

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I'd like to think Mel has learned his lesson. This isn't Mac's squad. We need to stick with him a give him the summer.

I said that few weeks ago and give him a chance. 

Archived