Will McClaren be here next season?

Kernow

Before I start, this isn't a McClaren out thread. I think if we want a good chance to actually go up, we can't go chopping and changing frequently, and regardless of how you feel about Mac, this is the choice we've made going forward.

However, my question is, do you think we will actually stick with him? Each manager Mel has hired has had a long term goal at the end yet have all been cut extremely short if Morris isn't impressed with what he's seeing. And let's be honest, he can't be very happy with what he is seeing now. The winning run aside, has there been a difference in performance? I don't even think McClaren could use that winning run as a bargaining tool if he was called in for talks. We've been on good form in each of the last four seasons yet inconsistency has seen us blow it every single time.

With a few decent managers out there at the moment and looking for work, I really would not be surprised if Morris started having a look now. If McClaren was sacked after the final game of the season, would you be surprised and/or concerned?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a decent manager and a long term structured plan - dynasty Mel laughingly called it...he got us top had a lean spell (I think we were 5 points off top?) and he was sacked...shortest long term dynasty in history.

Since then we have been clueless leaping from one disaster to the next. Buying bang average players on decent salaries.

No idea if he will keep Mac - but seriously does anyone really believe that we will suddenly improve and challenge next season if he does stay?

Either way Mel shoulders as much blame as anyone - the buck stops there.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Shouldn't be here next week after that, terrible terrible tactical mistakes. Knew from the lineup we were bollocksed there, yet hell blame the shape 

Rubbish. Fire someone who hasn't had time to build their own team? What changes would you would have made that would have improved it?

I honestly don't know ! Personally I think we need to give him a proper pre season and a year at it , but ..... am I just saying this because it's the right think to do ? I honestly don't know , I'll stick by the club whatever and I trust Mel I really do. 

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We had a decent manager and a long term structured plan - dynasty Mel laughingly called it...he got us top had a lean spell (I think we were 5 points off top?) and he was sacked...shortest long term dynasty in history.

Since then we have been clueless leaping from one disaster to the next. Buying bang average players on decent salaries.

No idea if he will keep Mac - but seriously does anyone really believe that we will suddenly improve and challenge next season if he does stay?

Either way Mel shoulders as much blame as anyone - the buck stops there.

The summer 2015 transfer window was far away from long term or structured, panic buys.

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Why would he be wrong choice? Interested to hear your thoughts on that

Same reason as Pearson. Both are decent managers in their own right but we play on the front foot and it would be a style clash. Rowett's at his best when his team's counter attack but we need to be on the ball. Proactive rather than reactive

I genuinely think he is playing for his job now. How we get on between now and may will decide it. 

Or if we get smashed on Saturday. 

Let's not forget our chairman fired a man he called "our alex ferguson" when we were 5th in the table. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Same reason as Pearson. Both are decent managers in their own right but we play on the front foot and it would be a style clash. Rowett's at his best when his team's counter attack but we need to be on the ball. Proactive rather than reactive

And we are what now? 

He said Clement would be here longer than Cloughie didn't he?

Im not some mad Clement fan - its more the fact he just reacts to things - the only reality is since the play off final we have gone so far backwards its depressing

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shouldn't be here next week after that, terrible terrible tactical mistakes. Knew from the lineup we were bollocksed there, yet hell blame the shape 

Is he really the first manager to make a tactical mistake?

When got a really unbalanced squad, and McClaren has managed to get them on playoff form since he has come in. What more can you ask for? I mean, seriously?

Archived