Barcelona/PSG

TheresOnlyWanChope

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Steven Gerrard, a man who captained Liverpool at Instanbul, said he had never seen a game quite like last night's. He also said if you didn't enjoy that game you should stop watching football

IMG_0300.PNG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

I'm not bitter either, you obviously take personal offence to anything slightly negative towards Barca. I've been to the Nou Camp, took the tour, paid the overpriced cost for a Rivaldo shirt from the club shop. I have zero feelings towards the club at all which you're clearly struggling to get your head around. I understand the journalist in you always tries to find a headline but there isn't one here other than football fan doesn't like cheating.

Had this been Cavani at the other end to seal the win I would be saying the exact same thing.

Yes, I've come to the conclusion that it's cast a shadow over the win based on one incident which resulted in a goal from blatant cheating and I stand by it as that goal from the penalty changed the games result. It's wrong and disgusting. I've also admitted other events previous may have changed the course of the game, hell you can go back across the full tournament and find fouls that weren't given. That's football. Doesn't make it right to cheat, con the ref later in the game regardless of who you support.

Type Suarez dive in Twitter, I grabbed the first one which was there that showed the blatant dive. 

So bitter...

You could have either ignored this thread, or posted it was a great comeback but you didn't think it was a penalty... Some you get, some you don't.

That would have been perfectly fine. You don't have to think it was the greatest comeback, you don't have to think it was a penalty. perfectly fine.

But no... You call it disgusting. You are disgusted at 'blatant cheating'. It clearly hurts you, offends you deep inside that you are disgusted by it. It burns you to see what Barca have just done.

You posted en edited video of the penalty incident to try and prove a point and miss out other key incidents that went against Barca. So bitter man.

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

Cavani- the biggest bottle job of all time. Used to be so clinical at Napoli but now he misses so many golden chances

I cannot stand the word "bottle" in a football context. One of the worst buzzwords of our time.

A man who's averaging a goal a game is a bottle job... Wow...

Anyone seen the Di Maria penalty, Bris?

I was disgusted by Cavani wanting Mascherano sent off, waving an imaginary yellow card, I was disgusted by Busquets the whole match, i was disgusted at Neymar diving and taking swipes at defenders leg. Then there is Suarez. He's a **** that Barcelona fans didnt want. He's a cheat and a ****. He should have been sent off for two lots of BLATANT simulation by 65 Mins. Chris Martin goes down too easily, too cleverly go my liking. But at least there is some contact, some Clever movement, some clever body positioning to attract the foul. Suarez just falls, rolls, feigns injury and there is nothing the opposition can do. Nobody touches him. Nobodies near him sometimes.

I actually love Messi. Stays on his feet more than most. But Barcelona as a team are a disgrace. Did you see them all fall over when hit by a water bottle the other week?

Condoning cheating is what has made this game so ****. Greatest comeback? Nah.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

So bitter...

You could have either ignored this thread, or posted it was a great comeback but you didn't think it was a penalty... Some you get, some you don't.

That would have been perfectly fine. You don't have to think it was the greatest comeback, you don't have to think it was a penalty. perfectly fine.

But no... You call it disgusting. You are disgusted at 'blatant cheating'. It clearly hurts you, offends you deep inside that you are disgusted by it. It burns you to see what Barca have just done.

You posted en edited video of the penalty incident to try and prove a point and miss out other key incidents that went against Barca. So bitter man.

I see you're trying to get me to bite like Suarez but I'll remain professional unlike that disgusting cheat.

You're right, I could have ignored this thread. The first I saw of the game was the full last 10 minutes which was on my timeline this morning. Didn't seek it out, thought I'd watch it.

Having saw the Suarez disgusting cheating I typed in Suarez dive to find a video as the replay didn't really show it, disgusting cheating confirmed. I came to the forum to offer my opinion as this is a forum, it's what they are designed for. 

Yes I found it disgusting, yes it enraged me inside to see such blatant disgusting cheating by a player with history of winning at all costs on the pitch in a high profile game. I couldn't give a toss if he was wearing a Barcelona or Bangor Towm shirt. 

Cheating on the pitch is disgusting, Ronaldo, Pepe, Suarez, Chris Martin.

You do surprise me being the self proclaimed lover of great football condoning behaviour like this, throwing out the jealous and bitter comments is pathetic, especially when so many hold the same view if you look outside your bubble.

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He dived @Bris Vegas get over it, he cheated, he is a vile little cheat, its who he is.

But @David  it was the greatest ever comeback in football.

Had the cheating which led to a penalty that didn't effect the result the way it did I would agree. Even tried to have a bet on them doing it, if anyone would it's Barca at home. 

Lets be honest here, the vile man should never have been allowed to play football again after his biting incident....then he did it again....and again..... and in the midst of all that he made horrible racist comments to Evra....anyone who thinks he is anything other than complete scum is living in a fantasy land....

Even journalists are bitter and jealous ?

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/3078456/luis-suarez-and-barcelona-dark-arts-break-psg-hearts-in-ucl-miracle

Nobody in world football plays the game completely fairly. From Premier League to nonleague, La Liga to the Tercera Division, sometimes a good old scrap here, simulation there can be used to overwhelm opponents. A win-at-costs mentality separates serial winners with the likes of Arsenal and though the dark arts can be quite alluring at times in its audacity, it still warrants commenting on during misty-eyed recollections of what on earth happened at the Camp Nou.

And weren't PSG overwhelmed. Gerard Pique claimed Barcelona would need more midwives to deal with a baby boom in reaction to this mind-blowing outcome and Luis Suarez, a chiselled competitor from Salto, Uruguay, displayed all the resistance of a child offered candy when he flopped to the floor under no discernible challenge from Marquinhos. Penalty. Neymar stepped up, smashed it home for 5-1 -- his earlier free kick to make it 4-1 was a thing of sumptuous beauty -- and Barca had their way back.

They were at it all night. Especially after Edinson Cavani made it 3-1 on 62 minutes to surely end the contest. Out came the familiar dives, snide fouls and general admonishment at referee Deniz Aytekin. It worked. 

Nobody should be surprised Suarez found a way through nefarious means. It's what he, and those with an iron will to win, do. Faced with agony and despair, the winners separate themselves from the also-rans because they find a way, by fair means or foul.

Of course it wasn't a foul on Suarez, much like the incident a few minutes before when he fell inside the area only to see ref Aytekin say no. Marquinhos barely laid a glove on Suarez yet the former Liverpool man comically engineered an unfair advantage from the penalty spot by throwing himself to the floor, clutching his throat. It was more B-Movie than Oscar-winning, but the performance didn't matter because Aytekin bought it.

Tots Amb L'Equip -- everyone with the team -- read a banner at the Camp Nou and Barcelona could count on some favourable decisions as well as fervent home support. Neymar engineered a penalty when he made the most of Thomas Meunier's slip to collide with the PSG defender in the box and a spot kick was given, following some cajoling from the home players who crowded the referee, who hadn't given the penalty but changed his mind following consultation with the extra official behind the goal.

As the clock ticked past 88 minutes and the score 3-1 on the night but 5-3 in PSG's favour, still Barcelona probed. Neymar claimed his side had a 1 percent chance of going through ahead of kickoff and their antics ensured they remain alive and kicking -- just like Neymar himself on Marquinhos when all appeared lost -- in the Champions League.

This isn't an attack on Barcelona, and barely anyone in Catalonia will care this miracle came with a caveat; it's more an acknowledgement that this surprising turn of events was made possible, in part, by an unsurprising reaction to adversity.

Life isn't fair. Football isn't fair. Paris Saint-Germain found that out to their cost on Wednesday but you could argue their feebleness meant they were asking for it.

You're still ignoring Marquino's foul. He fouled Suarez prior to him going down. That's a penalty, even if Suarez stays on his feet. It's a penalty all day long. 

You can't try and haul somebody back who is goal side of you. That's a foul. The PSG defender tried to cheat. He tried to impede Suarez illegally and tried to get away with it. Yet why aren't you commenting on this? Because it doesn't suit your agenda that's why.

Suck it up. Take it on the chin. Barca pulled off a sublime comeback against the odds and there was nothing illegal about it. Nothing.

53 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I cannot stand the word "bottle" in a football context. One of the worst buzzwords of our time.

A man who's averaging a goal a game is a bottle job... Wow...

Context is key. He is a bottlejob. He misses many easy chances in the big games (many that even you and I would score). He doesn't have the composure. Chelsea fans were laughing at him when they played PSG a few years ago, because his finishing was that bad. Michael Owen before the game called him an average finisher which is being kind to him. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

Even journalists are bitter and jealous ?

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/3078456/luis-suarez-and-barcelona-dark-arts-break-psg-hearts-in-ucl-miracle

Nobody in world football plays the game completely fairly. From Premier League to nonleague, La Liga to the Tercera Division, sometimes a good old scrap here, simulation there can be used to overwhelm opponents. A win-at-costs mentality separates serial winners with the likes of Arsenal and though the dark arts can be quite alluring at times in its audacity, it still warrants commenting on during misty-eyed recollections of what on earth happened at the Camp Nou.

And weren't PSG overwhelmed. Gerard Pique claimed Barcelona would need more midwives to deal with a baby boom in reaction to this mind-blowing outcome and Luis Suarez, a chiselled competitor from Salto, Uruguay, displayed all the resistance of a child offered candy when he flopped to the floor under no discernible challenge from Marquinhos. Penalty. Neymar stepped up, smashed it home for 5-1 -- his earlier free kick to make it 4-1 was a thing of sumptuous beauty -- and Barca had their way back.

They were at it all night. Especially after Edinson Cavani made it 3-1 on 62 minutes to surely end the contest. Out came the familiar dives, snide fouls and general admonishment at referee Deniz Aytekin. It worked. 

Nobody should be surprised Suarez found a way through nefarious means. It's what he, and those with an iron will to win, do. Faced with agony and despair, the winners separate themselves from the also-rans because they find a way, by fair means or foul.

Of course it wasn't a foul on Suarez, much like the incident a few minutes before when he fell inside the area only to see ref Aytekin say no. Marquinhos barely laid a glove on Suarez yet the former Liverpool man comically engineered an unfair advantage from the penalty spot by throwing himself to the floor, clutching his throat. It was more B-Movie than Oscar-winning, but the performance didn't matter because Aytekin bought it.

Tots Amb L'Equip -- everyone with the team -- read a banner at the Camp Nou and Barcelona could count on some favourable decisions as well as fervent home support. Neymar engineered a penalty when he made the most of Thomas Meunier's slip to collide with the PSG defender in the box and a spot kick was given, following some cajoling from the home players who crowded the referee, who hadn't given the penalty but changed his mind following consultation with the extra official behind the goal.

As the clock ticked past 88 minutes and the score 3-1 on the night but 5-3 in PSG's favour, still Barcelona probed. Neymar claimed his side had a 1 percent chance of going through ahead of kickoff and their antics ensured they remain alive and kicking -- just like Neymar himself on Marquinhos when all appeared lost -- in the Champions League.

This isn't an attack on Barcelona, and barely anyone in Catalonia will care this miracle came with a caveat; it's more an acknowledgement that this surprising turn of events was made possible, in part, by an unsurprising reaction to adversity.

Life isn't fair. Football isn't fair. Paris Saint-Germain found that out to their cost on Wednesday but you could argue their feebleness meant they were asking for it.

Very good. Reads like a little column. You could do this for a living. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, David said:

May have been game changing decisions throughout which could have changed the game either way, even in the first leg, I accept that, refs get things wrong all the time.

For players to blatantly cheat to con the ref into giving a game changing penalty is disgusting regardless of went on before. Suarez has history of win at all costs, he's a professional cheat. I can't accept that. 

If this was Martin in a play off final for Derby I would say the same. 

Win the game the right way.

That's a noble position to take, but if we follow it to the letter...we have to give up on football altogether really. Players are cheating all the time in all sorts of ways. Diving, pulling, deliberate fouls, claiming for corners and throws that aren't theirs, anything. In team sports its endemic, players will cheat for their team. It's up to the officials to deal with it appropriately during and after games (if they could). I can understand the frustration at the football associations not taking the issue seriously enough, but it's hard to blame a player for going down easily in the box..when the rewards are so great. What striker wouldn't, in the same situation?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Lets be honest here, the vile man should never have been allowed to play football again after his biting incident....then he did it again....and again..... and in the midst of all that he made horrible racist comments to Evra....anyone who thinks he is anything other than complete scum is living in a fantasy land....

He may be many of those things...but he is also a wonderfully gifted footballer. A joy to watch at times.

30 minutes ago, Highgate said:

That's a noble position to take, but if we follow it to the letter...we have to give up on football altogether really. Players are cheating all the time in all sorts of ways. Diving, pulling, deliberate fouls, claiming for corners and throws that aren't theirs, anything. In team sports its endemic, players will cheat for their team. It's up to the officials to deal with it appropriately during and after games (if they could). I can understand the frustration at the football associations not taking the issue seriously enough, but it's hard to blame a player for going down easily in the box..when the rewards are so great. What striker wouldn't, in the same situation?

Retrospective action, the only way. Should never just accept cheating is part of the game. 

Many strikers wouldn't go down like that, chances are they would have been on the end of it with a shot on goal, Suarez has this inbuilt mentality of going down with the faintest of touches.

He was barely touched, couldn't even decide where to stick his hands in his dramatics.

Had there been a pull, a little tug I would understand it, not what he did. The one before was just as pathetic, fingertips on the back. 

The penalty had a direct impact on the scoreline, this wasn't a throw in on the half way line or free kick in the middle.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Retrospective action, the only way. Should never just accept cheating is part of the game. 

Many strikers wouldn't go down like that, chances are they would have been on the end of it with a shot on goal, Suarez has this inbuilt mentality of going down with the faintest of touches.

He was barely touched, couldn't even decide where to stick his hands in his dramatics.

Had there been a pull, a little tug I would understand it, not what he did. The one before was just as pathetic, fingertips on the back. 

I agree with restrospective action 100%, but i think quite a lot of strikers would have gone down at that moment, if they thought they could get away with it. If we are going to treat football cheats as pariahs, then it has to be all of them, the divers, the defenders holding onto strikers at corners, the players deliberately 'taking one for the team', to prevent a dangerous attack developing. It's all cheating,

Archived