Worst lie you've told one of your children?

Coneheadjohn

8 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Don't swallow that chewing gum, it'll wrap round your ribs. Passed that one on from me mam to my three.

I like that.

I always told mine that if they swallowed bubbly gum,when they went for a poo a big bubble would blow out of their arse filled with poo.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2 March 2017 at 09:46, StivePesley said:

I vividly remember my mum telling me at about the age of 6 that if i didn't stop playing with it then it would fall off. And I believed her for a couple of miserable years

The worst lie I ever told my eldest when he was little was that Soreen fruit loaf was chocolate

I told my little brother that I could eat grass (while chewing some bits of chives for reinforcement )  .. He fell for for it. .. I have felt slightly guilty ever since. 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

That supporting Derby County Football Club will bring him a lifetime of happiness and joy.....

but misery fuels happiness!

How can you appreciate what is truly good if you're unaware of what is truly *****?

I have had to keep telling my lad that his best friend cannot play because he is feeling under the weather, the actual truth is he is riddled with Cancer at the grand old age of 11 (nephroblastoma) in which it has also travelled to his lungs and bones, he has no hair, no eyebrows and has lost most of his weight and he is truly unrecognisable. When my little one went to see him at the weekend we had to pre warn him which was unpleasant but he coped admirably, the lad was bedridden but up for a game of minecraft which lifted his spirits.

my other neighbour is 93 years young and goes ballroom dancing every week, now that really is rough justice.

On 02/03/2017 at 12:25, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Told my lad that if he stayed in the bath after the plug was pulled out,you end up in France.

Then convinced him that France was under a large boulder in a pool in a nearby field.

Also told him that bees make honey but wasps made jam.....that one lasted years.

Beetles make chutney

/Izzard

On 15/03/2017 at 16:03, LesterRam said:

I have had to keep telling my lad that his best friend cannot play because he is feeling under the weather, the actual truth is he is riddled with Cancer at the grand old age of 11 (nephroblastoma) in which it has also travelled to his lungs and bones, he has no hair, no eyebrows and has lost most of his weight and he is truly unrecognisable. When my little one went to see him at the weekend we had to pre warn him which was unpleasant but he coped admirably, the lad was bedridden but up for a game of minecraft which lifted his spirits.

my other neighbour is 93 years young and goes ballroom dancing every week, now that really is rough justice.

I gave you a like because I understand rather than I like.

10 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I gave you a like because I understand rather than I like.

I actually burst out crying yesterday when I stopped to speak to the Father, I am seriously unstable at the moment and that just pushed me a bit too far, lovely family and amazing parents which I should claim is in a different league to my own in the old parenting league, what do you speak about? My missus wonders why I don't go Church on a Sunday, now you know why.

35 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I actually burst out crying yesterday when I stopped to speak to the Father, I am seriously unstable at the moment and that just pushed me a bit too far, lovely family and amazing parents which I should claim is in a different league to my own in the old parenting league, what do you speak about? My missus wonders why I don't go Church on a Sunday, now you know why.

I've had a couple of threads about one of my kids.

I'm always trying to work out what I should and shouldn't tell his 2 younger brothers.

Archived