Dortmund beer trip.

Ramslad1992

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So true young man so so true. I have never ever not gone to a game because I couldn't get a ticket..... and some of the best games I have ever been to are ones where I sat with the home fans or paid through the nose to a local or got a corporate ticket or gambled with a tout or bunged the turnstile operator a few euros or pretended I had fainted so I got carried in to the St. John's ambulance station inside the ground....(a long story) 

anyway....have fun, it's a great city. 

And you say the Scousers have a bad rep!

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 23:01, Ramslad1992 said:

I'm off to Dortmund at the weekend for a good old drinking sesh and to watch the football.

has anybody ever been that can recommend and good pubs/ places to eat etc? 

Thanks in advance :D

So how was it then??? 

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 20:05, Angry Ram said:

Ticket is in bloody German mate but I have a geezer at work who can translate.. We will be looking for a train around 2/3am as well.. 7am flight back to Blighty.

Did you managed to asked the geezer to translate the German language Angry? Anyway B2B bar & Bistro open 24 hours at Dusseldorf airport. ? 

18 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So how was it then??? 

Did you managed to asked the geezer to translate the German language Angry? Anyway B2B bar & Bistro open 24 hours at Dusseldorf airport. ? 

Yep, he said the free travel was 3 hours before and after KO..  Wont help us on arrival but will getting back to Dusseldorf.

Thanks for the brekkie tip..

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So how was it then??? 

Absolutely fantastic buddy! 

Brinkhoffs is the beer to drink. We stayed near Dortmund university, was only about 10 minutes on the train and not once did we have to pay as there wasn't a machine at the station and nobody came round.

wenkers was packed but brilliant food and beer, we pretty much stayed there talking to other English folk and a couple of Germans too (every one we came across was really friendly) 

the game itself was a cracker Dortmund beat Leverkusen 6-2. There's a bar at the ground which is definitely recommend. They have the best club shop I've ever been in and after buying myself a Dortmund scarf we went into the ground. We got the tickets from viagogo and due to lack of understanding turned out we were in the Leverkusen end... so back in the bag the scarf went!

went to the football museum on the Sunday which was brilliant and part of the ticket included travel back to the airport. Flew with Ryanair to Stansted, both flights were fine and only cost £30 each.

10-10 would do again and recommend anyone to try different cultures of football, the Germans were so passionate and the flags are amazing. Best part is they have podiums behind the goals where people stand with megaphones to start songs to get the crowd going.

6 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Bitte ein Bit is all the German you need DEL.:thumbsup:

Hopefully Germany will host Euro 2024 rather than Turkey... 

Just got home, knackered... Great day, the square was manic, met lots of Derby there, plenty of beer, good craic with fans of other clubs including some of Forest  Yoof.. Nice to chat to people from clubs you normally hate.. Derby fans moaners? You want to listen to some others about their clubs.. We are all so similar, just change the names.

Great ground.. Stood in their end, loads of England in there all good natured, no problems. Was really strange to see people smoking in the ground, really don't miss that, feckin horrible. 

Saw DEL but only briefly as he was walking through the station.. Waiting for that poxy train was crap.. 

Paris in the summer... Hmmmm. Okay, might as well.

22 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Just got home, knackered... Great day, the square was manic, met lots of Derby there, plenty of beer, good craic with fans of other clubs including some of Forest  Yoof.. Nice to chat to people from clubs you normally hate.. Derby fans moaners? You want to listen to some others about their clubs.. We are all so similar, just change the names.

Great ground.. Stood in their end, loads of England in there all good natured, no problems. Was really strange to see people smoking in the ground, really don't miss that, feckin horrible. 

Saw DEL but only briefly as he was walking through the station.. Waiting for that poxy train was crap.. 

Paris in the summer... Hmmmm. Okay, might as well.

Did Lil angry showed you the picture of you two? :lol:

Archived