Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Seems to me that every time some question anything on this forum that is not the populist view of a few posters they get hammered.

I actually think the forum may be worse off for this in many ways as it stops people posting. 

What you mean is people disagree with you?

Its fine to post views, but if people disagree don't expect them not to say so, and don't think just because they don't come around to your way of thinking it means you are being hammered.

I am sure you have heard of the saying 'if you put your head above the parapet, you are likely to get shot at'

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

What you mean is people disagree with you?

Its fine to post views, but if people disagree don't expect them not to say so, and don't think just because they don't come around to your way of thinking it means you are being hammered.

I am sure you have heard of the saying 'if you put your head above the parapet, you are likely to get shot at'

But all is not well at DCFC even though it is portrayed to be on here. 

Just now, curtains said:

You see this is what I'm on about .

There is no half way house. 

Is there not?

Seems to me that most of the people that are now suicidal are the same ones that booked their Wembley hotel 2 months ago.

On the other hand, there were plenty that realised during our winning run that the football was way off now we played between 2013 and 2015, and accepted that it would take a monumental effort to challenge for play offs.

Them same people still seem to be calm and relaxed, and realise midtable is not a disaster after the way we started.

I don't really care what other people's view of the club are but it's bloody annoying when their view changes from week to week and leads to hysterical reactions.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is there not?

Seems to me that most of the people that are now suicidal are the same ones that booked their Wembley hotel 2 months ago.

On the other hand, there were plenty that realised during our winning run that the football was way off now we played between 2013 and 2015, and accepted that it would take a monumental effort to challenge for play offs.

Them same people still seem to be calm and relaxed, and realise midtable is not a disaster after the way we started.

I don't really care what other people's view of the club are but it's bloody annoying when their view changes from week to week and leads to hysterical reactions.

What makes you so certain that all will be well next season because of the name McClaren .

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You see this is what I'm on about .

There is no half way house. 

Speaking as someone who also isn't a massive fan of McClaren, Id say there is room to make reasoned criticisms of him on here. What many object to is the knee-jerk, 'we're all doomed' stuff that some posters (particularly newbies) come out with - it annoys me too.

Lets give him this season to do his planning & then start properly judging him from August. I most certainly will be doing.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Speaking as someone who also isn't a massive fan of McClaren, Id say there is room to make reasoned criticisms of him on here. What many object to is the knee-jerk, 'we're all doomed' stuff that some posters (particularly newbies) come out with - it annoys me too.

Lets give him this season to do his planning & then start properly judging him from August. I most certainly will be doing.

That's a really good post. 

9 games enough next season then to assess it ! 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

But all is not well at DCFC even though it is portrayed to be on here. 

But maybe its not as bad as some make out.

92 teams compete for a handful of promotions or play off positions or league titles each season, only a handful of clubs succeed. On that basis do we say every club that does not succeed is in crisis etc etc

Yes this season looks like being a disappointment, but we are far from in a mess. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

That's a really good post. 

9 games enough next season then to assess it ! 

It might be, it might not.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

What makes you so certain that all will be well next season because of the name McClaren .

I have no idea whether next season all will be well but I'm prepared to give it a chance rather than write it off 6 months before the season has even started.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

But maybe its not as bad as some make out.

92 teams compete for a handful of promotions or play off positions or league titles each season, only a handful of clubs succeed. On that basis do we say every club that does not succeed is in crisis etc etc

Yes this season looks like being a disappointment, but we are far from in a mess. 

If we had won just a couple of the last few games the picture would be a whole lot different but unfortunately we failed in that task. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Seems to me that every time some question anything on this forum that is not the populist view of a few posters they get hammered.

I actually think the forum may be worse off for this in many ways as it stops people posting. 

Not sure I'd describe the forum as populist! Forums often turn into echo chambers over time where a prevailing view gets reinforced by particularly active/revered posters. The pantomine villains which disagree stick around for a bit before continual abuse sees them replaced. I post on certain forums where disagreement with my views is probably about 10% of the board - you fetch your own crowd out basically.

It is what it is. A good forum but invariably the same posts week in week out and uprated 10-30 times by the same posters. A guaranteed way to milk likes on this forum is being super positive, particularly after a disgraceful defeat, a booing incident or a poor run of form. I personally don't read this bit of the board much for that reason (read it for years and it gets old) but there is still some quality discussion from time-to-time.

Just now, curtains said:

If we had won just a couple of the last few games the picture would be a whole lot different but unfortunately we failed in that task. 

Our failure to get promoted this season won't be down to a couple if results in February.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I have no idea whether next season all will be well but I'm prepared to give it a chance rather than write it off 6 months before the season has even started.

Thats a fair point but some people think they can see the writing on the wall already  .

They may be wrong but it's also a valid point of view  

Just now, curtains said:

Thats a fair point but some people think they can see the writing on the wall already  .

They may be wrong but it's also a valid point of view  

And they may be right, we don't know.

Archived