Come back Nigel.....

Ramdoc

...... Pearson. Ha Ha fooled you ! But seriously. I honestly believe we will finish this season around about the same final league position under " master coach"/ 15 year serial failure McClaren   as we would have done under Nigel Pearson. I am currently in the great  minority of Derby supporters in that I want to achieve Premier League status as soon as possible.I don't care that McClaren "is a good fit" or "has a win rate of 52.32467%"  or whatever.I want a manager that can take my club back into the top flight.I have just renewed my season ticket but I do not have  that optimistic excited feeling any more.Unless something changes I fear it will be the same old same old same old next season with another feeble ending. Currently McClaren  looks old , stressed , set in his ways and devoid of answers.I recently offered up a couple of challenging posts criticising our scouting/recruitment and our management.The feedback was mostly negative and that is perfectly fine.We all love our club and all our opinions matter equally.Personally I would like a new manager .The reason for that is that I want Derby to be competing in the Premier League.We should not be fearful of competing in the top flight.It will be very tough.Wins and goals will be harder to come by but what a thrill it will be to see some of the worlds greatest teams and players gracing our stadium once again. Mel Morris is a true fan.He is one of us. He is emotionally involved.But he needs to take better counsel in choosing the next manager. wish him luck.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ramdoc said:

I am currently in the great  minority of Derby supporters in that I want to achieve Premier League status as soon as possible...I want a manager that can take my club back into the top flight.

Perhaps if you could convince Pearson to come back?

Very strong Championship this year with 10 teams that could cut it in the Prem. It was always going to be tough and SM came in with 10 games wasted. We also have a mish mash of a squad at the moment made up of Clough/McClaren/Clement/Pearson signings.

SM should be given the summer to get some players out and get a few in.. Thorne and Martin have also been massive absences this season..  

SM is a quality coach and I have faith he will get us up.

5 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Very strong Championship this year with 10 teams that could cut it in the Prem. It was always going to be tough and SM came in with 10 games wasted. We also have a mish mash of a squad at the moment made up of Clough/McClaren/Clement/Pearson signings.

SM should be given the summer to get some players out and get a few in.. Thorne and Martin have also been massive absences this season..  

Very strong...?? Really..? 

It isn't, it's just that we aren't very good that's all. 

13 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

THIS.

#COYR

I think we underestimate just how much Pearson broke the team. On a rational level it was because he was then going to rebuild in his image, but he just achieved the thorough breaking and no building.

McClaren has not been able to either undo Pearson's breaking or build in his vision yet, but has got enough out the team to make the season fizzle out to boring.

I'd like to see McClaren turn this around a bit before the end of the season, as turning round a slide is my main worry regarding him.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we underestimate just how much Pearson broke the team. On a rational level it was because he was then going to rebuild in his image, but he just achieved the thorough breaking and no building.

McClaren has not been able to either undo Pearson's breaking or build in his vision yet, but has got enough out the team to make the season fizzle out to boring.

I'd like to see McClaren turn this around a bit before the end of the season, as turning round a slide is my main worry regarding him.

In what way did Pearson brake the team ??! 

How long we gonna be spinning this Pearson myth that it's all his fault ? 

1 minute ago, GerryDaly said:

In what way did Pearson brake the team ??! 

How long we gonna be spinning this Pearson myth that it's all his fault ? 

Going from what we were at the end of last season to what we were at the start of this......? If you don't think that was something broken, then, I just know.

Just think now, a continuation themed manager and summer, would we have signed the way we did, played the way we did and got the results we did?

I think it was Pearson's fault. Had it continued, I think it would eventually have turned around as we became a Pearson team, but he left at the point it was all awful and no sign of building anything.

Its not a myth that Pearson broke the team, it are a fact. Weather or not it would have yielded legitimate improvement over time we'll never know, but, we shipped out some influential players, made poor signings, and he had the team playing awful football.

Not everything that followed is his responsibility, granted, but I don't think I've ever seen as destructive a tenure as Pearson's at Derby. He rivals Jewell.

In some respects I could see what NP wanted to implement . But we're just not that club . As much as me or any other fan thinks they no better they don't. We're a 4 3 3 club , that's our identity , it's not about being predictable , the system obviously works , we had close to 70 % possession away from home , that's impressive . We just didn't have the key players too finish the job . 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Very strong...?? Really..? 

It isn't, it's just that we aren't very good that's all. 

In fairness this is the strongest it's been in a long time but contrary to the hyperbole it's always pretty crap. A team with half a plan of what it's doing makes the playoffs while a team with an actual plan goes up. 

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

Where as next seasons championship will only have:

1. A massively supported Sunderland
  2. Rebound Hull
  3. Bogey Team Middlesbrough (Inlaws favourite team)
  4. Resurgent Villa
  5. Resurgent Wolves
  6. Three of Leeds , Wednesday , Reading , Huddersfield
  7. Norwich
  8.  Fulham
  9. Plus at least 2 unexpected surging teams

This league is brutal and This team had their chance a couple of seasons ago , I am afraid that it needs a rebuild which includes a pretty large write off with regards to transfers out 

For me Jurys out of McLaren , I will only be confident if he brings in at least 6 new signings (and 6 out) to make a statement that the old team is gone and this is a new team 

Anything like a statement that "Martin and Thorne are like new signings" will fill me with horror

Archived