Johnny Russell

Topram

Right..... Russell is a great guy he gives everything and yes can defend, I don't want to not like him when he plays but I feel he is in the squad when others that haven't had the chance get slagged off for not doing anything, yes I know 4 managers have kept him yes I know he scored 10 goals last season but we are in this season not the past.

he was one of my favourite players for a long time and I seem very negative against him but it's because I feel most people are still blinded from the past with him.

1 goal and 0 assist is awful but no one seems to want to admit it? Imagine if Ince had that record? Imagine the stick he'd get? Players like Ayna Weimann never have had a proper good run and both still have better records! Yes it might say they have made 20+ appearances but on 5 mins a game doesn't help anyone! The squad is too big and it beds trimming massively and I think the 4-3-3 should be scrapped, although it doesn't look like it I hate to have to be negative especially towards our own player but everyone else is negative towards other players and more so than me towards Russell but because it's I try hard at least Russell I get stick? We need a change big time! 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

Players like Ayna, Weimann never have had a proper good run and both still have better records!

Anya has done less than JR to convince and Weimann can't even look good for Wolves (in a run of games)!

JR is the best we have and played well today.

I'm not normally Russell's biggest fan, but it sounds like he had a good game today, and credit where credits due. Still don't think he's as good as Anya if he was given the time Russell has been afforded, but Mac clearly like Russell for the work he's done in the past. Don't believe anyone on that left wing slot is good enough to get us promoted however, and someone must be brought in in the summer

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can't wait for Russell and bryson to start playing with Martin again next season....

Might quieten down all the ******** being spoken about them at the moment..

Russell can't even get credit when he plays well like today

This is what I don't get why should they need Martin what good is that? Like you feel sorry for him getting a bit of stick but when EVERYONE else gets stick it's fine joke 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anya has done less than JR to convince and Weimann can't even look good for Wolves (in a run of games)!

JR is the best we have and played well today.

Well wolves have gone above us in in the the last ten games on current form so perhaps he has made a difference ?

IMG_0189.PNG

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can't wait for Russell and bryson to start playing with Martin again next season....

Might quieten down all the ******** being spoken about them at the moment..

Russell can't even get credit when he plays well like today

So we are basing next season on the guys that failed in 2013/14 ? Jesus !! Up the Rams !

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I hate to have to be negative especially towards our own player but everyone else is negative towards other players and more so than me towards Russell but because it's I try hard at least Russell I get stick? We need a change big time! 

Everyone? Really? And even if this statement had a single shred of credibility, how does it justify your stance on Russell?  All it shows is that you're as blind as you misguidedly assert everyone else is? Two wrongs and all.....

Archived