Ghosts & Ghouls

Ramant62

55 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Good programs can be made about the supernatural. I once watched one about the ghost of Bluebell Hill in Kent. It was a mixture of the story behind the haunting, and then some good personal accounts from people who believe they have encountered it.

I keep an open mind. I would probably ***** myself if I ever actually saw one.

I very nearly did the first time, and the second time, but my experiences ( 5 in total ) were spread out over a period of 25 years, the last of which was 5 years ago. The last time, although still frightening, didn't scare me shitless like other times, so perhaps i have mellowed a little lol.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends did an instagram live video last night. Basically he got a new phone and nobody had his number. His phone started to ring and it said no caller id or unknown. Then as soon as that happened music started playing on his tv. Like proper creepy music (hard to explain) Literally 10 mins before all this he was talking to his nan about how she used to worship Satan and how she did an oujia board on a grave stone which led to her being followed back home by a 'demon'

I know this could easily have been faked but he had been going on about how his house was haunted and now many people at school believe him 

My Mrs & a few on her mates once went to see a psychic.  He read one of her mates, who lived alone at the time, and told her that the next door neighbour who she gave keys to every now and again, to look after her house & feed her dog while she was away, had been spying on her and wants to do bad things to her.  He told her not to worry because he would take care of it.  A couple of months after the session, her neighbour had a severe stroke, and died a couple of years later.

My brother used to wash (minor Derbyshire celeb psychic) Wayne Antony's car.  After finishing up he tapped on his back door, told him he'd finished up and waited to be paid.  Wayne handed over the cash, thanked him, and shook my brother's hand.  He held it for a couple of seconds and then told my brother that he used to have a, very large pet rabbit that used to jump up and pull washing of the line in the garden, driving my Mum mad.  All of that is true.  Now a lot of people have rabbits, but how many have ones that routinely stole hung up washing???

I'm very dubious when it comes to the existence of "the other side", but the people who've told me these things have zero inclination, or imagination to make it up.  It certainly gives me food for thought...

44 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

My Mrs & a few on her mates once went to see a psychic.  He read one of her mates, who lived alone at the time, and told her that the next door neighbour who she gave keys to every now and again, to look after her house & feed her dog while she was away, had been spying on her and wants to do bad things to her.  He told her not to worry because he would take care of it.  A couple of months after the session, her neighbour had a severe stroke, and died a couple of years later.

My brother used to wash (minor Derbyshire celeb psychic) Wayne Antony's car.  After finishing up he tapped on his back door, told him he'd finished up and waited to be paid.  Wayne handed over the cash, thanked him, and shook my brother's hand.  He held it for a couple of seconds and then told my brother that he used to have a, very large pet rabbit that used to jump up and pull washing of the line in the garden, driving my Mum mad.  All of that is true.  Now a lot of people have rabbits, but how many have ones that routinely stole hung up washing???

I'm very dubious when it comes to the existence of "the other side", but the people who've told me these things have zero inclination, or imagination to make it up.  It certainly gives me food for thought...

Read up on the very clever techniques that these so-called "psychics" use. There is no such thing as a medium or a psychic. They are just very clever and very well practiced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

On 27/02/2017 at 07:03, Broderick said:

You guys should read up on the Mad Gasser of Mattoon. https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4550#

I'd have a really hard time believing anything supernatural based off anecdotal evidence after leaning about that. :ermm: The human mind is just too good at making stuff up. 

Read up about it?

I was sat next to two of his biggest fans @sage @froggg in the pub on Saturday.

my god, my eyes were burning.

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Read up on the very clever techniques that these so-called "psychics" use. There is no such thing as a medium or a psychic. They are just very clever and very well practiced.

I guess the guy who my Mrs' mates went to see could, if they gave their full names, prior to the session could've got some salient facts about each of them, but I'm not sure how techniques can lead someone to know about a rabbi,t nicking washing off a clothes line, 25 years in the past...

53 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I think a few 'psychics' actually believe they do have psychic powers. So they are genuinely deluding themselves as well as their clients. The rest are just skilled con artists.

Psychics are performers, just like a magician or illusionist (except these guys admit their objective is to deceive). Let's have them prove themselves repeatedly in controlled scientific tests if they are convinced otherwise.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I guess the guy who my Mrs' mates went to see could, if they gave their full names, prior to the session could've got some salient facts about each of them, but I'm not sure how techniques can lead someone to know about a rabbi,t nicking washing off a clothes line, 25 years in the past...

Well you said your brother used to wash his car, so maybe he knew your mum, or knew about the rabbit from years ago? There is no way he can know that based on nothing at all, so it's a clear hot read

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Well you said your brother used to wash his car, so maybe he knew your mum, or knew about the rabbit from years ago? There is no way he can know that based on nothing at all, so it's a clear hot read

My Mum's never met him, and this was the first time he washed the fella's car.  Exchanged pleasantries before he started, and that was it.  I lot of stuff can be deduced from body language and leading prompts, but not that.  

I'm still entrenched in the skeptical camp, but this kinda stuff does make you wonder...

Archived