Ghosts & Ghouls

Ramant62

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 years ago, and a few days after my father in laws funeral, my wife went to stay with her mother for a few days. I went to bed and in the middle of the night, and for no reason at all, i sat up in bed in the dark. All of a sudden i noticed the little red light flickering rapidly on the tv, and the room went icy cold. Then it felt as if someone had just plonked themselves down on the foot of my bed, i could actually feel the mattress depressed but nothing was there, and then as quickly as it had begun, the mattress sprung back up, the icy coldness disappeared and the red light stopped flickering.

17 minutes ago, Cisse said:

I would ask a fefund  for the lack of ghosts and ghouls.

Well i had no idea it was haunted to be honest, should have realised really that it probably was as it is a very old building. Anyway our rooms were on the first floor and apparently most of the sightings and experiences have been on the third floor. I put " is the adelphi hotel Liverpool haunted " into trip advisor. There are a few creepy accounts on there.

6 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

Aaaahhhhh puns, don't you just luv em.;) It would be even better to have some more personal accounts though.

Nobodies stopping people?

im waiting for a Forest fans personal stories of ghosts.

It'll be nice to hear from the other side.

I have one story, it goes back about 20 years when i was working in Bulwell (no thats not the story but working in bulwell is scary enough :) )

Anyway....there were two of us working in the office on the ground floor that day, there was an upstairs but no one up there and the only access was through the ground floor.

We started getting some weird things going on with the phones, it was a phone system were when someone on it ended a call all the handsets beeped. The handsets downstairs started beeping everynow and and then, it seemed strange but put it down to one of those things with the phone system.

This went on over a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden i came out full on in goose bumps, which was weird anyway, but the girl working in the office too suddently said 'wow goose bumps', at first i thought she had seen mine but she had come over in them at the same time.

Weird....the phones kept beeping, then we heard what were like foot steps upstairs which freaked us out, I actually went upstairs bricking myself to look round and nothing there. Put it down to floor boards creaking as they do when they expand etc.

Then in the afternoon the beeps got more regular, then we started hearing the 'footsteps' again, then all of a sudden there was like a door banging and the sound of someone running down the stairs...we both legged it so quickly out the office.

It was really weird and scary and the only time I think anything weird has happened to me.

Next day nothing.

Mrs Wolfie goes to see a couple of mediums every now & then and one of them in particular is really creepily specific and spot on with her stuff. Loads of examples of fine detail that she couldn't possibly know. The other one is a bit more hit & miss.

The more reliable one told the missus that her first husband (who was killed in a road accident) spends a lot of time with us and our little girl, who he's very fond of (a bit weird, as she was born about 12 years after he died). She gave us very specific details of her and her bedroom & toys etc and said that he likes to watch her playing in the garden from her bedroom window.

....which made me think because before we were told this, there was one occasion in particular where I was pushing my little one on the swing which faces the house and she suddenly stopped it, stood up and intently watched and then gave a really big smile to her bedroom window - obviously nobody there & no-one else in the house. I remember it spooked me out good & proper at the time, as it was the sort of expression that she gives to her favourite family members (and mummy & daddy).

As a footnote, both of the mediums have told her that I have the "gift" if I ever choose to use it. I could be the next Derek Acorah!

Yeah, my mother was also told that she had the gift if she wanted to use it but she chooses not to. She was also told that the gift would pass on down through the family, and she thinks I have it now. It would explain some of the things I have experienced over the years. I know it's a bit creepy but mum and myself have made a pact that whichever of us dies first, we will appear to the other in spirit. Just hope its not for a while as I'm not ready for it yet !

Archived